Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

12037351_800.jpg

large-pickaxe.jpg

41vsY0EF5wL._SX355_.jpg

Natural: the Jimmy greaves story is a new book out this year obviously there are others and mostly telling the same story i am intending to buy it at some point but of the other books/autobiographies ect....but which one of the previous books would anyone recommend:thumbup:

Natural: the Jimmy greaves story is a new book out this year obviously there are others and mostly telling the same story i am intending to buy it at some point but of the other books/autobiographies ect....but which one of the previous books would anyone recommend:thumbup:
IIRC, I haven't read either of these for a long time;

"This ones on me" concentrates on his alcoholism, but with a lot of his football times, whereas,

"Greavsie" concentrates on his football, with a bit of his alcoholism.

I could of got them the wrong way round but both are very good.

TBH I haven't read any books on him by other people, so I can't judge them.

IIRC, I haven't read either of these for a long time;

"This ones on me" concentrates on his alcoholism, but with a lot of his football times, whereas,

"Greavsie" concentrates on his football, with a bit of his alcoholism.

I could of got them the wrong way round but both are very good.

TBH I haven't read any books on him by other people, so I can't judge them.
Read both them as well.I think you got them in the right order.
His book "Greavsie"is an eye opener how players were viewed by the English FA when it cam to playing for England.
You wasn't asked,you were told and he was addressed as "Greaves".

I remember Greavsie telling a story at one of his 'evenings with' about Sir Alf Ramsey. It was the first game after we'd won the world cup and the players had finished training for the match on the Friday. As they disembarked the coach Geoff Hurst said 'see you Saturday Alf' to which the deadpan Sir Alf replied 'if selected''.

Jimmy Greaves: the movie does anyone know about this? Michael Caine & Harry Kane apparently lined up family hoping to raise £200,000 for his care take it the club doesn’t get involved do it for one and all that?...

Jimmy Greaves: the movie does anyone know about this? Michael Caine & Harry Kane apparently lined up family hoping to raise £200,000 for his care take it the club doesn’t get involved do it for one and all that?...

Fuck.... That's absolutely brutal!!!!

Full stops plllllease...

I enjoyed the autobiography 'Greavsie' but for me the best written was by David Tossell it's called Natural, The Jimmy Greaves Story. Try that my friend, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Amazon product ASIN 1785314904 :thumbdown:

I simply love the guy, the most natural goalscorer I have ever seen. Scoring goals was quite simply the prime reason Jimmy was put on this Earth. I have nothing but total respect for him as a footballer, admiration for the way he handled his alcohol addiction and accompanying demons and utter sympathy and regret for his health deterioration. To see this man now confined to a wheelchair is one of football's saddest pictures.

If you have not seen this video please take time out and view, I think you'll enjoy it..

God Bless you Jimmy :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom