Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is reported that John White, inside right and Ghost of White Hart Lane, once said to Danny Blanchflower during a game that, "Greaves is again standing on the half way line doing nothing." Blanchflower replied, "...and when you score 40 goals in a season you can stand up there and do nothing with him!".

Says it all. Quality player.

It was a little difficult to gauge his emotion/expression in the initial photos, but it looks like he had a good time going by this video...

There must be an eyelash in my eye... 'cos it's streaming like a broken dam!

This of ALL seasons is the one we MUST REMEMBER the Legends who have graced White Hart Lane...
I know the club are doing their best to bring out some of the old boys during every Half-time this season...
But Greavsie coming back and paying his respects to the old ground before it, and (let's face it) he finally go, has to be up there with the most touching, and sentimental gestures of all.

This season is for ALL our Spurs heroes...
...for ALL our Spurs memories...
...and for our Spurs future!

COME ON YOU SPURS...
AUDERE-EST-FACERE.

The G-men back together. Plus Jones and Jennings, good to see Jimmy was not alone on his visit. He may have had his issues with the club in the past but he is still our record goalscorer and it's good to see the club showing him respect.

You know he's had a stroke, don'cha?

I'm sure he's laughing on the inside!

Of course I do. I've not been aware of any facial paralysis, but he always looks fed up.

I have read, however, that he's not really very interested in football and prefers to watch cricket, which just makes me feel like he doesn't really care about all these photo ops he gets wheeled out to.

Cliff Jones appears remarkably well for a man in his 80s. Almost looks like he could still pull on the shirt.
He was on the High Road after the Woolwich match... and seemed very well, chatting, signing autographs and just generally being a top, top bloke. He could easily get into West Ham's line-up now, although admittedly so could any of my grandparents (they're all dead) and half a chicken McNugget.

Cliff Jones came jogging out at The Finale. I really hope I'm as spritely should I make to my 80s.
42 now, and I know I need to incorporate more everyday stretching. Random aches are creeping in. :(

rkq348.jpg

Cliff Jones came jogging out at The Finale. I really hope I'm as spritely should I make to my 80s.
42 now, and I know I need to incorporate more everyday stretching. Random aches are creeping in. :(
There was a bit of chat about him doing press ups afterwards in the lounge showing off that he's still fit as a fiddle. Fair play to him if true.

Back
Top Bottom