Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit off? It's not my intention to provoke an argument and I mean him no ill thoughts but I would have thought that the THTT would sort something out if it is needed as it's exactly this kind of thing the trust was set up for.

I thought he took the piss last year when he sold his World Cup medal at auction for £44k only a year after he received it following a lengthly campaign and petition by his fans for him to get one.

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit off? It's not my intention to provoke an argument and I mean him no ill thoughts but I would have thought that the THTT would sort something out if it is needed as it's exactly this kind of thing the trust was set up for.

I thought he took the piss last year when he sold his World Cup medal at auction for £44k only a year after he received it following a lengthly campaign and petition by his fans for him to get one.
Spoken to my dad a few times recently about Jimmy Greaves, was his favourite player when he was a kid. Greaves wasn't that bothered about the World Cup medal - it didn't mean anything to him as he didn't get to play in the final.

Does he want a medal that reminds him of not playing in the final, or £44k to go on holiday etc? He never pushed for the campaign himself.

From what I've read about him he seems quite blunt about stuff like that, heard he had put off going into the Spurs hall of fame as he thought the players should make the money from the night, not the club which is understandable.

I do agree about the crowd funding thing though, best wishes to him but as you say there must be other options than to ask for anyone to chip in a fiver.

I think the THTT is proably assisting in some way. £30k doesnt cover 500 hours of physio. It works out a £60ph, a fella at work whose wife is disabled pays £110ph. I imagine THTT is stumping up the other £25k, All conjecture of course.

Off to this tonight, cant wait:
Jimmy Greaves Benefit Evening
Jimmy-Greaves-Image-1-e1449577834223.jpg

26th Feb 2016 | 8.00pm
Show Type : General Interest | Venue : Concert Hall

JIMMY GREAVES starring a cast of all time Spurs Legends

VIP tickets – £86 to include meet the players and best seats –

To book your VIP Tickets call our Box Office Team

01438 363 200.

VIP start – 7pm

Show start – 8pm

Terry & Freda Baker of A1 Sporting Speakers in association with Steve Perryman proudly present a benefit show for European and English Footballs all time leading scorer

JIMMY GREAVES.

starring a cast of all time Spurs legends including:

STEVE PERRYMAN

ALAN GILZEAN

GARY MABBUTT

PHILLIP BEAL

MARTIN CHIVERS

PAT JENNINGS

CLIFF JONES

OSSIE ARDILES

GRAHAM ROBERTS

PAUL MILLER

KEITH BURKINSHAW

PETER SHREEVES

MICKY HAZARD

JOHN PRATT & many more

Other clubs

RON CHOPPER HARRIS

COMPERE Jimmys long term friend and agent

TERRY BAKER

With special comedian help

Jimmy Greaves Benefit Evening | Gordon Craig Theatre

Excellent article here

I wonder if all the Spurs sites could get together and do a crowdfunding kind of thing?
Benefit nights are OK, its just that they do restrict what amounts can can be raised. The internet provides a massive forum to raise unlimited amounts of cash. President Obama when he was campaigning pioneered that and it works because it gives all those fans who cannot get close in person to get close in other ways like giving cash to express their love and appreciation on a world wide basis.!

nah - he's Spurs. Always has been

He definitely did an interview in one of the football mags, years ago, with a ton of clubs' scarves round his neck. He talked about having followed Brentford, QPR, Spurs, among others I think - quick google search doesn't reveal much other than QPR fans saying he's changed allegiance to Spurs

He definitely did an interview in one of the football mags, years ago, with a ton of clubs' scarves round his neck. He talked about having followed Brentford, QPR, Spurs, among others I think - quick google search doesn't reveal much other than QPR fans saying he's changed allegiance to Spurs

He was interviewed on the side of the pitch before the 91 semi.

Greaves and Gilzean my favourite Spurs players: I hope he gets better both mentally and physically

Back
Top Bottom