Jesus Perez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So I just had a really amazing experience. To preface, let me start by saying I work in Baton Rouge, LA as a retirement counselor. A gentleman (Juan Ramon Salvadores Canedo) came in to speak with me about his wife's retirement with us and we chatted about that for a while. I found out he was from Spain so I asked him which club he supported. He said he supported his local club in Coruna, I responded with, "Oh, Deportivo?" and we clicked instantly (I'm 31 and he is 61). We talked tactics, Messi v Ronaldo, how agents are ruining the game, and the difference between the European setup vs America among other things. He finally asked who my club is and I said Tottenham. He then said, "Ahh, Pochettino is a great coach, but Jesus Perez is a genius, we are close friends." He proceeded to whip out his phone and dial up Jesus. While he didn't answer, I got to leave him a voicemail, Mr. Juan did most of the talking on the voicemail, but at the end he said he met a fan who helped him and wanted to say something to which I added, "You and Pochettino have done an amazing job, thanks for the memories. Long may it continue and here's to many more memories... and maybe some silverware!!" So amazing that a man from Coruna, Spain, who has a Pro License and is now coaching in America, came to my office in Baton Rouge, LA and is close personal friends with our assistant coach and then proceeded to let me leave him a message on his personal phone. This may sound lame to many, but to me it's crazy to think that Jesus could lean over to Poch and let him know what I said. Either way, I just wanted to share with the forum and say COYS and lets beat those chav cunts this weekend!

I met him very briefly, just off Carnaby st. It was the day after the win at Man Utd . My daughter was in some trendy clothes shop while l waited outside . He was with his wife and daughter but waiting outside while they went in various shops .
We both stood next to each other and l knew he was some what famous but it took a minute to click. In my ignorance l didn't know his name.
We chatted for 5 mins . I asked about the transfer window and diplomatically he said that it was very hard to find players to improve the first 11 . I asked why , was it restricted budget but naturally got no clear answer. Most of the conversation was about last night's game .English is good , not brilliant but a nice bloke ( very small)

Needs to win something before being labelled as a genius :pocheyes::pochsmirk:
Nice story though

Well tbf his namesake walked on water and changed aforementioned into wine ( Allegedly,) so pretty big boots to fill. All that aside, if he is good enough for Poch then he is plenty good enough for me.

FWIW winning a domestic cup in the current era means alot less financially and in prestige than challenging for the title and qualifying for the big cup.

Well tbf his namesake walked on water and changed aforementioned into wine ( Allegedly,) so pretty big boots to fill. All that aside, if he is good enough for Poch then he is plenty good enough for me.

FWIW winning a domestic cup in the current era means alot less financially and in prestige than challenging for the title and qualifying for the big cup.
How is a football coach suppossed to compete with a man that cloned fish and bread!?

More proof also that football isn't just a simple game (for simpletons) all about simple stuff, getting aaat there and runin-aaaarand a bit. It's a science too. I know many have been on board with this for a while, but even a coupe of weeks ago I had someone on here telling me football isn't about science it's all about art.

He added: "We do a lot of analysis and tests, but everything is to individualise the training. So when a player plays 90 minutes then on Monday and Tuesday they see some players resting and others training very hard, The most important thing is that they accept what others are doing because they are all individuals and maybe in three weeks it will be them who the coaching staff will give three days in an individual programme to.

"We don't treat the players as a group, we treat them as unique and some players have completely different programmes because it's the way to help them.

"I know there are probably too many things in a day to do. Maybe there will be one guy waiting for me today when I get here, today's plan is a blood test two days before a match, or two days before is saliva. They begin to know, every day a recovery test, it's probably too much but it's to help them. It's not for us."

"When Mauricio started he had to do everything on his own. It's not like now where you have 10 analysts. He bought a camera, a Mac computer, he bought Sportscode which is very expensive analysis software," he explained.

"Here maybe we have 100 licences but at that time he paid for it and it was maybe 7,000 euros.

"Mauricio was upset. He'd made investment to improve the analysis and was looking to do real-time analysis during matches. Now that's very common, but back then in Spain he was probably the first or the second to do it."

"He noticed me every day there doing analysis, using Sportscode. The reason the guy who left knew Sportscode was because three years ago I told him he needed to look at it!

"Mauricio asked me: 'Can you join us and help us with analysis, and then I want you to travel with us and at half-time in matches I want you to give your opinion and images'.

"This is how our relationship started, doing methodology support to the academy coaches and at the weekend doing the matches with them and analysis.

More proof also that football isn't just a simple game (for simpletons) all about simple stuff, getting aaat there and runin-aaaarand a bit. It's a science too. I know many have been on board with this for a while, but even a coupe of weeks ago I had someone on here telling me football isn't about science it's all about art.

He added: "We do a lot of analysis and tests, but everything is to individualise the training. So when a player plays 90 minutes then on Monday and Tuesday they see some players resting and others training very hard, The most important thing is that they accept what others are doing because they are all individuals and maybe in three weeks it will be them who the coaching staff will give three days in an individual programme to.

"We don't treat the players as a group, we treat them as unique and some players have completely different programmes because it's the way to help them.

"I know there are probably too many things in a day to do. Maybe there will be one guy waiting for me today when I get here, today's plan is a blood test two days before a match, or two days before is saliva. They begin to know, every day a recovery test, it's probably too much but it's to help them. It's not for us."

"When Mauricio started he had to do everything on his own. It's not like now where you have 10 analysts. He bought a camera, a Mac computer, he bought Sportscode which is very expensive analysis software," he explained.

"Here maybe we have 100 licences but at that time he paid for it and it was maybe 7,000 euros.

"Mauricio was upset. He'd made investment to improve the analysis and was looking to do real-time analysis during matches. Now that's very common, but back then in Spain he was probably the first or the second to do it."

"He noticed me every day there doing analysis, using Sportscode. The reason the guy who left knew Sportscode was because three years ago I told him he needed to look at it!

"Mauricio asked me: 'Can you join us and help us with analysis, and then I want you to travel with us and at half-time in matches I want you to give your opinion and images'.

"This is how our relationship started, doing methodology support to the academy coaches and at the weekend doing the matches with them and analysis.
Wow
All those analysts/scientists and Poch still insists on picking Dier.

I wonder why ?
:sonhmm:
:dierpochhug:

Preparing human beings physically and mentally for football matches is a matter of scientific study, playing the game isn't.
Anyone who thinks it is has no grasp of science or any understanding of what science is.

Anyone who thinks it is has no grasp of science or any understanding of what science is.
Ahab Ahab can we get a complete explanation of science in this thread, please? There's some sudden confusion over what science is and isn't, so I thought we would be best to appeal to the board's resident authority on scientific matters, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom