Jay Rodríguez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

D to tha muthafuckin' P...
Yes

For example: to the tune of 'Robin Hood'

La-me-la La-me-la running down the wing
Get's the fucking ball, scores a fucking goal
LA-ME-LA, LA-ME-LA, LA-ME-LA
The fact you put 'Robin Hood', means I get it. If you hadn't... no fuckin' hope!

:baeshock:

Anyway, I've dragged this way off topic... Sorry J-Rod! :adegrin:

Yes

For example: to the tune of 'Robin Hood'

Get's the fucking ball, scores a fucking goal
LA-ME-LA, LA-ME-LA, LA-ME-LA

This will be more like

Rodriguez, Rodriguez,
Injured, cannot play
Rodriguez, Rodriguez,
Bought him anyway
Bought for 15 mil, now worth 50k
Rodriguez, Rodriguez,Rodriguez.....

The two players I suggested moons ago that we should/could get who would improve us were Ben Davies and Jay Rodriguez (prior to his knack), and I remain happy if we end up adding Rodriguez alongside Davies.

Rodriguez is excellent in the air, strong, and composed....people keep saying he's a left sided player but he is capable of being an out and out striker, which is what Pochettino may consider as one of two roles for him.

If we get Schneiderlin too then Saints are a little bit fucked.

15 goals in 33 games for Southampton, in the prem, under poch.. What else needs to be said.
Nobody can argue with his goalscoring record, and last season he was sublime. He played under Poch aswell, it's more the his injury that is worrying, will he ever hit form again? Look at Badstuber from Bayern, he also got an acl.

Nobody can argue with his goalscoring record, and last season he was sublime. He played under Poch aswell, it's more the his injury that is worrying, will he ever hit form again? Look at Badstuber from Bayern, he also got an acl.

Or we can look at all of these guys...
Alessandro Del Piero
Michael Owen
Roberto Baggio
Alan Shearer
Ruud van Nistelrooy
Mikel Arteta
Anderson
Phi Jagielka
Nemanja Vidic
Robbie Fowler
Joe Cole
Luis Garcia

I was actually excited by him last season, hoping we could get him. I do remember some of his link-up play with Lallana, Lambert etc. was wonderful. And of course, he scored goals. Then he got injured.

It's a gamble this transfer. If J-Rod shows the form that he had prior to the injury, he could turn out to be 40 mil+ value player being English and all, or even better, a starter for our side. Not sure it's a gamble worth taking though at 15 mil.

Or we can look at all of these guys...
Alessandro Del Piero
Michael Owen
Roberto Baggio
Alan Shearer
Ruud van Nistelrooy
Mikel Arteta
Anderson

Phi Jagielka
Nemanja Vidic
Robbie Fowler
Joe Cole
Luis Garcia

I've highlighted the few that were either already shit, or really very shit after ACL injuries

How does one go about passing a medical when they are busy recovering from an ACL injury then?

Not disputing he's good but must be other players out there who can actually start training now instead of october

J rod is a gamble because of the injury. But he also is exactly what we need. He and Schneiderlin both. Determined, hard working, just as important as ability. We have a few players with ability already but lacking the other attributes. Maybe Poch can draw that out of the others too, but bringing in two with that already new in from his old club will help our team get up to speed quicker and make the most of this coming season. As long as we don't pay too much for J rod, I'm all up for it.

Back
Top Bottom