Javier Hernández

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love how so many people are so quick to hate on Soldado but jump on the Chicharito rumors. Chicharito is like Soldado in that he needs through balls and service from the wings. The only difference is that Soldado will actually help with some build up from the striker position. If we're going to buy a new striker we need someone like Llorente or Benteke that is completely different to Soldado and Defoe. We need a big body that is still decent with his feet. We already have enough poacher types, adding another one will just create more selections problems. Personally, I think we're better off with Kane as the third option and spending the money elsewhere.

Llorente would be a pretty decent shout considering there's word of discontent but I would be amazed if he was available for sale...or even on loan.

I wish Lukaku didn't hate AVB (or play for Chelsea) he might only play for 45 minutes a match from what I have seen but he is immense in that time.

Hernandez ... uh, yeah. :llorishuh:

However, getting him means having 3 similar strikers ... poachers.
So, I'd rather actually have a target man type player.

In any case ... Hernandez imo is very underrated by the general footballing world.
And if it means that we would sell Defoe in the foreseeable future ... then Chicharito is a no brainier.

Would much rather we get Yilmaz. There's a reason even Madrid has been rumored to be interested. I like to think the only reason we didn't further pursue this is due to Ade sticking around.

I'd like Chicharito to come in if Defoe leaves. We get a better and younger player for probably around 5m + the sale money of Defoe. I still think Ade has a major role to play this season.

w1FiEru.gif

:avbshock:

I love how so many people are so quick to hate on Soldado but jump on the Chicharito rumors. Chicharito is like Soldado in that he needs through balls and service from the wings. The only difference is that Soldado will actually help with some build up from the striker position. If we're going to buy a new striker we need someone like Llorente or Benteke that is completely different to Soldado and Defoe. We need a big body that is still decent with his feet. We already have enough poacher types, adding another one will just create more selections problems. Personally, I think we're better off with Kane as the third option and spending the money elsewhere.

Benteke would be my first choice, the guy wins everything in the air. Llorente would be awesome too, cultured, skillful, classy player.

Hernandez is a better version of Defoe, I'm a big fan of his, but he ain't gunna come to Spurs to sit on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom