Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he was poor today in the role he was asked to play.

Zero attacking threat (besides the awful touch that nearly threatened their goal) and basically gave us no outlet on the attack.

I don't mind him as a full back in a four. But not as a wing back please.

Just make him our centre back pairing with Sanchez.

Zero attacking threat (besides the awful touch that nearly threatened their goal) and basically gave us no outlet on the attack.

High hopes that those two form a rock in the CB spots in Spurs back four for years to come.
The potential is there.

He provided a much, much bigger offensive threat than Davies though.

Manager chooses where he plays.

He's always been a CB in Spurs youth, so playing him as a full back is definitely not his position - potentially top class defender but currently has no experience of attacking down the flanks so no surprise he's not good at that atm.

Definitely deserves a CB start.

Shoulda played ahead of Jan at CB.... One can only assume JM thought resting Serge was urgent.

Last edited:

He is man fully (considering he is a boy) pretending to be whatever we ask him to be, but he has never played either left or right back. He is doing a frankly remarkable job, but he is faking it. He wasn't poor, it's like asking your optician to take out your appendix . That you survive the procedure is the only metric. He is a Centerback and should be given Alderweireld's place. He deserves a go in his real position.

He is man fully (considering he is a boy) pretending to be whatever we ask him to be, but he has never played either left or right back. He is doing a frankly remarkable job, but he is faking it. He wasn't poor, it's like asking your optician to take out your appendix . That you survive the procedure is the only metric. He is a Centerback and should be given Alderweireld's place. He deserves a go in his real position.
Mm.....replace a guy who’ve we’ve just handed a new contract to worth what £150k a week makes perfect business sense.

I agree on him getting Tobys position. But the rest is just rambelings

I support Spurs not a business. Yeah, I get that Levy does not understand that distinction but I'm sure you do.
We seem to be a bit disorganised and not have a game plan regards transfers in or out but just when it suits us Ndombele & Lo Celso were needed so were bought fair enough the Eriksen saga dragged on even though he said he wasn’t going to sign Alderweireld should never have been given a 4 year deal dearie me he’s 31 ffs the Chelsea front line with the exception of Giroud are early 20s he’s not gonna cope with them and they ain’t very good. Yes I agree we support a football club but......it’s not that simple is it?

Didn't think he was awful today. He handled Traore as best he could. Didn't help that Dier was trying to nursemaid Sanchez all game.
I think/hope JM will persevere with him.

Didn't think he was awful today. He handled Traore as best he could. Didn't help that Dier was trying to nursemaid Sanchez all game.
Now you're showing yourself up very badly.

Tanganga was nursemaiding Davies with Traore.

There was poor defending from others in the buildup to all 3 goals but he was in a position to stop all of them and failed. Dier couldn’t make clearance on the first one but Japh was not alert when it came to him and ended up assisting Wolves with a poor attempted clearance. The second goal he rushes out of position to challenge Traore but doesn’t win the duel and leaves a big channel that Traore carried the ball through. On the third one he got easily suckered and sat himself down leaving an open goal.

Today you see the difference in responsibility than comes with playing in the centre. A raw youngster can make mistakes at full back and others can cover, when he is protecting the centre of our penalty box, any mistake is a goal and he made 3 mistakes today. But I don’t think it was wrong to play him, Toby and Jan were playing horribly and have made similar mistakes themselves. He deserved a chance to play as a CB.

There was poor defending from others in the buildup to all 3 goals but he was in a position to stop all of them and failed. Dier couldn’t make clearance on the first one but Japh was not alert when it came to him and ended up assisting Wolves with a poor attempted clearance. The second goal he rushes out of position to challenge Traore but doesn’t win the duel and leaves a big channel that Traore carried the ball through. On the third one he got easily suckered and sat himself down leaving an open goal.

Today you see the difference in responsibility than comes with playing in the centre. A raw youngster can make mistakes at full back and others can cover, when he is protecting the centre of our penalty box, any mistake is a goal and he made 3 mistakes today. But I don’t think it was wrong to play him, Toby and Jan were playing horribly and have made similar mistakes themselves. He deserved a chance to play as a CB.

Agreed with everything you said until the end. Toby should have played today. Toby is a vet who making 150k a week, he is the better player and we were playing a team that is challenging us forth the last Champions league spot. Win or lose by playing your best players, to me this lost stings more because of how poorly JT looked on at least 2 of the goals scored by Wolves today.

Agreed with everything you said until the end. Toby should have played today. Toby is a vet who making 150k a week, he is the better player and we were playing a team that is challenging us forth the last Champions league spot. Win or lose by playing your best players, to me this lost stings more because of how poorly JT looked on at least 2 of the goals scored by Wolves today.
I agree. Toby should play alongside Japhat to help him. Dier is maybe a backup right back at best. Foyth is not up to it. JM has got a job on at the back. How can we score 2 goals at home and not even get a point. Replacing Toby and Jan is prob more important than another anonymous central midfielder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom