Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet Foyth gets picked for his country - Argentina mind, not Andorra or Armenia, and is only 22. The guy rarely gets to play in his chosen position and gets rubbished on here for a few mistakes hes made.
How about everyone takes a look at the undoubted skill and quality he possesses and judges him on that, rather than the things he can iron out of his game.
Same applies to Tanganga, his skills are obvious and he will only get better with playing time, but KWP has never displayed the same level of quality that Tanganga or Foyth have.

I wasn't expressing my opinion on who's 'better' or 'who's good enough'; I was refuting the suggestion that somehow our HG players are treated more favorably.

KWP & Foyth need consistent game-time IMO or their respective flaws will continue to impede their progress here or anywhere else they go.

I wasn't expressing my opinion on who's 'better' or 'who's good enough'; I was refuting the suggestion that somehow our HG players are treated more favorably.

KWP & Foyth need consistent game-time IMO or their respective flaws will continue to impede their progress here or anywhere else they go.
I was just following on in the discussion rather than attempting to criticise you, or your opinions.
Sorry if that wasnt clear. It was 4 in the morning whilst I waited for my 14 year old dog to have a pee in the garden, so I was a tad tired!

I was just following on in the discussion rather than attempting to criticise you, or your opinions.
Sorry if that wasnt clear. It was 4 in the morning whilst I waited for my 14 year old dog to have a pee in the garden, so I was a tad tired!

Nee bother.

I thought skipp looked good pre season, hopefully he gets a loan somewhere so we can see what he can do
If not, we can only hope he gets a chance and shows what he can do and impress Mourinho, like Tanganga did.
If we learned one thing about Mourinho is that if you are good as a young player, you will play. The myth that he doesn’t promote youngsters can be tossed to the bin imo.
Skipp needs to show the manager he deserves to be picked, not just be given a chance for the sake of it.

Just amazing how calm he is despite how few games he's played - and despite being played out of position at LB. Superb defender. Looking forward to him playing at CB for the next decade !

This guy not getting first team matches until recently was a travesty. Poch was a great coach but he has no eye for talent.

Absolute unit, Tanganga.

Back
Top Bottom