January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, My ITK source stands by her information: We are definatley in the mix to sign Cavani
Not quite sure what emotions take priority:
  1. the utter economic fallacy of the player
  2. the utter grammatical / spelling errors in your post
Take your time mate. Your view is important.

The only function of language is to communicate...

failure.jpg

The supporters. See George Graham.

We are about beautiful football. On a budget.
I’m sorry, but your posts make no sense to me. I’ll happily concede that this is my problem and I am simply too dense to understand you. My apologies, but to avoid headaches I’m going to have to put you on ignore.

I’ve tried, but I really can’t decipher your posts.

Can we tie up Florentino Luis on loan with option to buy if he’s good? Seems Milan are offering the same. He’s Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb number one pick from Portugal for DM and plays for Benfica which says it all.

Move to Jose’s 433 with a midfield 3 of:

..........Luis sitting
Ndombele Lo Celso

When Kane is back front three of

Bergwijn..........Son
.................Kane

Also leaves an incredibly strong bench.
Luis on loan option to buy > striker, if I had to choose.

It also means we basically transformed the squad into a 4-3-3 in 6 months and two windows.

I’m sorry, but your posts make no sense to me. I’ll happily concede that this is my problem and I am simply too dense to understand you. My apologies, but to avoid headaches I’m going to have to put you on ignore.

I’ve really tried, but I simply can’t decipher your posts.
Sorry about that. Not sure what you have to decipher? There's no code in there.

Read it, agree or disagree. Form an opinion. Ignore it. It's all the same at this point.

Ok, so if it’s so important, why have a club of our supposed stature ignored this problem for so long? And why isn’t it an absolute priority?

Hope that Dier and/or Vic will bounce back...? Poch insisting that Winks can do the job?

Just theories, but as for length of time, it's only really exposed itself as an issue over the duration of last season and into this.

As for why is it not visibly a priority; wouldn't be the first time a club had a blind spot would it?

Based on current personnel, who do you think our best CM combo is, Joe?

Ok, so if it’s so important, why have a club of our supposed stature ignored this problem for so long? And why isn’t it an absolute priority?
My guess is that Dier getting the plague last season really screwed with plans. Dembele broke earlier than expected, and Wanyama fell off a cliff. No director of football, Poch being particular about transfers (no Tielemans, for instance) and trying to make Winks a DM (he's not), Levy busy with the stadium, and suddenly it's 18 months later and we still haven't addressed the need properly.

I'm a broken record but that's why I believe we need to beef up our operations - it's how you run a modern football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom