January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we were in for Can and Bowen. We weren't in for Olmo?
They are the three that "got away" this window for me.
One could argue that if there was a shortlist for attacking players to try for, that Bergwijn would be higher up that list than Olmo or Bowen.

It stings less if you believe we actually got our first choice, namely Stevie Wonder

Hands up on this one - he's played left back for Belgium about 50 times not 100 as I previously said, my bad should have read the data properly ... at least you took the time to look so thanks.

He is primarily a CB off course, but the point is if he's good enough to play left back for the world's number one ranked international team he's probably good enough to be counted as a back-up LB for us.

He WAS good enough as a back up LB.

Vertonghen has lost some agility and pace, struggling even at CB. At LB he is done, especially in the PL.

One could argue that if there was a shortlist for attacking players to try for, that Bergwijn would be higher up that list than Olmo or Bowen.

It stings less if you believe we actually got our first choice, namely Stevie Wonder

Bergwijn over Olmo and Bowen all day long. The whole club and fan base can feel we have a gem on our hands with him.

Emre Can would have ranked higher than a backup FWD for me, shame we couldn't make it happen but there'll be others.

Stevie B and Gedson will do fine for a Jan window 100%

According to the Transfer Talk podcast, we had been in touch with Ighalo and thankfully he wanted to join United instead. The agent dealing with it was trying to get Benteke to us, but Palace wanted to sell and we only wanted a loan.

Two bullets dodged.

Shows we were looking at “strikers” and I can only assume this will still be the case in the summer. Hopefully ones that aren’t useless lumps though.

According to Barcelona and Spanish FA the TW is not closed - if you have enough money to throw around.

Wonder if UEFA will allow him to be added to CL squad ?

Been wondering this..... Surely not tho'.

Rank out of order if they are.

Been wondering this..... Surely not tho'.

Rank out of order if they are.

Its apparently written into the Spanish games rules. On the surface it looks iffy but I think the guy reporting it is pigeon holing it into a different way of looking at it to suit his agenda or narrative. Regardless though I think that once a window closes it closes. Barcelona will have to unregistered Ousmane Dembele for the duration of the spell sidelined though, 5-6 months I think so even if he makes a quick comeback he won't be allowed to play based on these circumstances. Still a shithouse rule though.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts... who tabled a 80M bid for him, anyway? With 18 months left on his contract you best believe Joe Lewis was sanctioning that sale.

and even if there was an 80M bid.. the thought of selling Eriksen two summers ago, before his dip in form, would have been blasphemous

When Eriksen decided he wasn’t signing a new contract, and Real Madrid and Barcelona never came calling it was always going to put the club in a tough spot.

I’m personally thankful it’s over with and we don’t have to watch his listless performances anymore and some of our young players can take those minutes
Should have bought Maddison and sold Eriksen then

Enic decide to do a shittie and put in loads of dodgy money.

We sign 11 new players for £1,000m

We win the CL.

UEFA find out, we have the win crossed off and we are relegated to the championship.

We sell all the new players.

Ndombele plays well at the lower level !

1 goal in the Bundesliga (a penalty), one in the cup.

Not a great move so far.
All those teams struggling to sign a forward and this ones only real option was Bundesliga strugglers Hertha Berlin.

Who knows, perhaps our scouting team got something right for a change, and he ain't that good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom