January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavani rumoured to be on £350k pw, but he's in the last 6 months of his contract so PSG would be looking for a sale at say £20m and Cavani looking for an 18 month contract with £18m pa (£350k pw) wages ? So a total of £45m - £50m for an 18 month contract which looks horrendous.

Atletico apparently bid £10m and were knocked back.

So unless Cavani agrees a significant wages cut and a shorter term contract cant see that one flying ?
Apparently PSG are looking for a payout of 12 mill and Cavani is on 288K a week!
Let's just THINK about those numbers for a minute...
Somewhere between TWO HUNDRED & EIGHTY EIGHT, AND THREE HUNDRED & FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS...
A WEEK!

....A FUCKING WEEK?!

Feeling strangely positive today...

Imagine, in just under two weeks time, our new super-striker sticks his third goal of the game past that shmuck Ederson - WHL erupts into a frenzy, everyone belting out the name of our latest hero...

🎶 Ohhhh Christian Benteke 🎶

Who was that dm last summer a lot of people on here were raving about? Blonde hair... ? Danish... ? Dunno? Anyway, is he still available? Ah, Berge was it?

Last edited:
Wolves have signed a young Ecuadorian striker, leaving us a clear run at Dani Olmo

giphy.gif

Done deal: Wolves confirm signing of Leonardo Campana

We'd need to sign a third striker to cover his suspended ass with getting sent off every other game.
Fucking love watching Morelos when I catched Rangers on TV, might be different in a spurs shirt :mourhandlaugh:
Seeing as we're sniffing around Rangers... how about while we're up in Glasgow....?

....Hang on, where's the fucking DEFOE smiley gone..?

THIS POST SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK WITHOUT A DEFOE SMILEY!

Jeez.... I meant how about DEFOE then...? we could do worse!

Seeing as we're sniffing around Rangers... how about while we're up in Glasgow....?

....Hang on, where's the fucking DEFOE smiley gone..?

THIS POST SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK WITHOUT A DEFOE SMILEY!

Jeez.... I meant how about DEFOE then...? we could do worse!

I love the little guy. It would be great if he came and was able to help us. I do believe he's way past it though.

As I said earlier, I was using the language of the original poster who was trotting out the "no strikers are available and if they are they're too old" line.

Still, anyone who thinks that going into the second half of the season with no strikers is the way forward is welcome to try and defend that position.

giphy.gif

I'll have a crack.

Fergie once spouted shit about attack winning games and defence winning titles.

Levy is choosing to take that literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom