January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 more goals for Jarrod Bowen so far today.

I know Hull have said they won't sell anyone this window but he sure would be an interesting piece for Poch to work with.

Broward_yacht_for_sale_Destiny_1568.jpg

BV6zGPWIQAImd0L.jpg

giphy.gif

GorgeousThoseGnu-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that on the news just before Shitmas. People had to leave their homes, right? Have they since been able to return?

As far as I know, no, the road is still closed ( the main road has reopened.) Didn't know it was on RTE. Over in Ardee a dude chopped his mums head off with an axe the other day, I was in town that day and saw all the gards, crazy.

As far as I know, no, the road is still closed ( the main road has reopened.) Didn't know it was on RTE. Over in Ardee a dude chopped his mums head off with an axe the other day, I was in town that day and saw all the gards, crazy.
Yes, I saw that story. Polish guy. I expect he was insane at the time.

Your neighbours must be going around the twist.

Eh, if the squad has needs the squad has needs. The perfect players are never available, I think that's a silly way to look at it. You do the best you can.
If the squad has needs you buy players who can, in management's opinion, fill those needs. It's no different than any other profession - you hire the best candidate you can attract to fill a vacancy. But if you cannot find a candidate to secure within the budget that fits the brief you don't simply hire someone just to do it.

The idea that we should buy someone because the window is open and that's what you do when the window is open, else the natives get restless is, frankly, Spammish.

If you're at Spurs, why would you buy your 4th or 5th DM candidate in January if you feel that you may be able to get one of your top 3 candidates in the summer? Buying a bargain option today can prevent you from buying a preferred option tomorrow.

We've managed to arrive in a place where the club is securing it's best results in 2/3 generations all whilst building over £1Bn in infrastructure. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the way we go about our business. We, the forum nutters, should probably just relax and leave it up to the professionals. If TFC ran Spurs we'd be bankrupt and in League 1.

Or, perhaps, we'd rather just hold our money until players the manager wants can actually be bought rather than buying option C because he plays the same position and has a sweet YouTube video.

That presupposes a price has been set for players we know we want and who won't be wanted by other clubs, and so much else besides.

It's a bizarre thought process.

My issue as a fan is that if our model has to be different then fine but what is the model?

No one knows at the present time and it seems fraught with complacency.

Back
Top Bottom