January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure we should just be buying blokes because they're cheap and play the position. Hopefully our scouts have actually looked at him properly. If you're good you don't have a release clause of 18m at the age of 23.

Not sure we should just be buying blokes because they're cheap and play the position. Hopefully our scouts have actually looked at him properly. If you're good you don't have a release clause of 18m at the age of 23.

Toby has a release clause of £25m kicking in soon, sometimes it's just down to bad management regarding release clauses.

Personally from what I've seen of him he's sound but I want proper talent at the club now. For me the only two that really catch the eye as being wonderful talents are Ndombele & Berge and I don't think Ndombele is achievable anymore.

All out for Berge to slog it out with Dier & Skipp next season for me

According Grillitsch. He is a good young player with good potential. £18m is (if true) a good price and worth a shot. BUT: Don't await him to be defensive Midfielder (number 6), because he isn't. He is rather a number 8, if you now what I mean.

Toby has a release clause of £25m kicking in soon, sometimes it's just down to bad management regarding release clauses.

Personally from what I've seen of him he's sound but I want proper talent at the club now. For me the only two that really catch the eye as being wonderful talents are Ndombele & Berge and I don't think Ndombele is achievable anymore.

I guess and I agree. We already have winks who is steady and can do the job. We need some proper quality in there now so that we can match it with the best on all fronts. I still think we need two quality midfielders given the issues with Dembele and Wanyama. Spending 18m on a decent player isn't helping the cause imo

Assuming Wanyama is done as well, we have:

Winks - Dier - Sissoko

With Skipp and Berge as primary depth options, and Dele and Eriksen providing further backup.

Sissoko has done really well this season, but you'd have to say it's asking a lot to have him as one of our primary options.

This summer is gonna be crazy.

Assuming Llorente, Dembele, Wanyama, Janssen, Nkoudou are gone in the summer we'll need one or two midfielders and a striker. Maja seens a very good option upfront and I would be very happy with Berge in the middle, not expecting more than this for the next window, we're not buying anyone now.

According Grillitsch. He is a good young player with good potential. £18m is (if true) a good price and worth a shot. BUT: Don't await him to be defensive Midfielder (number 6), because he isn't. He is rather a number 8, if you now what I mean.

He's a pretty good shout as a potential DM, against City back in December for Hoffenheim he made the most tackles and had the most interceptions. He also made the second most dribbles and got in a few decent crosses. Can play pretty much across the midfield. At 6'1 and around 12 stone, he's no pushover I see a potential enforcer in this lad.
Not at the top level yet but he's only 23 and would seem to be on an upward curve - we've looked at him for a long time going back to when he moved in 2015, could well be time to make our move.

Assuming Wanyama is done as well, we have:

Winks - Dier - Sissoko

With Skipp and Berge as primary depth options, and Dele and Eriksen providing further backup.

Sissoko has done really well this season, but you'd have to say it's asking a lot to have him as one of our primary options.

This summer is gonna be crazy.
We've signed Berge?

Think we are intending on making our next signing at the start of the next decade, so by my calculations that will be in a year's time.

We are in a state of transfer constipation.
Are we fucked? I thought the season was going pretty well? Have one of you clever clogs completed the season on FIFA and found out we didn't do too well?

I have seen it suggested that we should move for Mata as a short term solution which i don't understand considering he has been at Chelsea previously to being at Utd he will presumably be on high wages.
This is not the levy model which is a longer term vision is in place which involves recruitment of young players and pay them not much more than a paperboy them sell on at a later date for huge sums and profit, no way will we invest in any short term opportunity madness to even suggest it.

Back
Top Bottom