January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly we're not going to sign another stricker , and if we do it's not going to be someone of Wilson's level, he's competing with Kane for the golden boot currently , in the England squad, why would he come here to sit on our bench. Also replacing Dembele and Wanyama with Billing and Grealish is quite literally a nightmare scenario, these are Everton/Leicester level signings, we're above this.

To be fair, Leicester have one of the best recruiting teams in the entire league and have been making excellent signings for the past 5 years.

We need to get a midfield destroyer. Someone like N'Golo and Torreira. Someone like Wilmar Barrios.
Barrios would improve our team no end. Billing? Nah!

We need to get a midfield destroyer. Someone like N'Golo and Torreira. Someone like Wilmar Barrios.
Barrios would improve our team no end. Billing? Nah!

Well, they're completely different players. But both would compliment a midfield 3.

I wouldn't mind Barrios though. He's a real terrier and we haven't really had one of those since Palacios.

A big part of me doesn't want the club to buy anyone in January.

It'll be so satisfying to win the league in May while all the big spenders, pundits, journos, etc self-combust along with their notions of only teams who spend vast sums of money should achieve.

However, I do also like nice, shiny new things :)

A big part of me doesn't want the club to buy anyone in January.

It'll be so satisfying to win the league in May while all the big spenders, pundits, journos, etc self-combust along with their notions of only teams who spend vast sums of money should achieve.

However, I do also like nice, shiny new things :)

Know what you're saying and mostly in jest however I think Poch needs a signing or two, just so he and others feel he is being backed. Expect it to happen if we get a date set to move into the new ground as this should come with a hefty naming rights package...

Who's going to be our PSG cast out signing this window?
giphy.gif

Neymar

:allitongue:

Honestly we're not going to sign another stricker , and if we do it's not going to be someone of Wilson's level, he's competing with Kane for the golden boot currently , in the England squad, why would he come here to sit on our bench. Also replacing Dembele and Wanyama with Billing and Grealish is quite literally a nightmare scenario, these are Everton/Leicester level signings, we're above this.
This is what’s wrong with some spurs fans. Why are we above those players?!

We signed Alli for MK Dons, Dier was an unknown defender at Lisbon, Rose from Leeds, Walker from Sheffield United.. Get a grip. Both of those players would improve us.

Good point.

Do you think we would accept a high bid off United in January though? and strengthen them for the second half of the season where they could POTENTIALLY then overtake us?

I can't see it. I'd only see us selling Toby in January to a team oversees.
United are fucked. Toby wouldn't make any difference to them, IMO.

This is what’s wrong with some spurs fans. Why are we above those players?!

We signed Alli for MK Dons, Dier was an unknown defender at Lisbon, Rose from Leeds, Walker from Sheffield United.. Get a grip. Both of those players would improve us.
Alli was one of the most exciting young players about , walker and rose were signed at 16, it's hardly the same as signing billing and grealish. Winks is better than both of them , if were not going to sign a central midfielder who's already Better than him then there's not much point, may aswell just give skipp minutes . I'll put it this way, selling dembele and wanyama and replacing them with billing and grealish is a major downgrade .

-young eng/HG GK to replace vorm; loan back til summer
-young eng/HG CB to replace foyth, who replaces toby; loan back til summer (seems like CCV may not make it- loan apparently going ok but not great)

that frees 2 spots right there.

why can't we just not register said non-HG players though?
we have to sell before we can register?

If it’s a 3rd choice GK what about anyone already in the ranks?

Do yoof watchers think any of Tanganga, Eyoma, Dinzeyi, Lyons-foster etc will make it? If so, then perhaps extra CB should be older to allow them to come through (not a popular choice but Cahill springs to mind)

Back
Top Bottom