You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Transfers January 2019 transfer thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Ginolaflair, 27 Jul 2018.

1. Clynelish

I think he is talking about 75m Euros, which is still £67m

2. Cranston

Wonder how PSG will swing that one past FFP. Unless Neymar is off.

3. Reidy

They'll pay the FFP fine of 18p thus making the transfer £67,000,000.18

• Funny x 10
  4. Juicy Sushi

Evil Numbers Enthusiast

Likely the truth of it. Also, a PSG without Neymar but with de Jong and other improvements might be the better team.

5. Notabadsquad

Sessegnon, a striker of quality, a midfielder and a n other.

We are at the point that we will know what Levy and Pochettino's ambitions are.

We are painfully close.

6. Spanish Spur

I'm going to regret this, but why do you think we need another striker? And would one 'of quality' be happy to sit on the bench for 3/4 of the season?

• Agree x 1
  7. Totti

Surely, yesterday proved a striker simply isn't needed (or at least not a priority).

What's our record without Kane?

Played 13
    Won 10
    Drawn 3
    Lost 0
    Scored 28
    Conceded 6

• Like x 5
  8. Notabadsquad

Sorry but utterly ridiculous and massively incorrect.

It is now like Brexit and this striker issue.

Kane is superb but can lose form, get injured or need support.

Son or Moura are decent options but not strikers. Anyone who understands football should be able to see that.

In key games and for that difference between being a competitor or being a likely winner that difference is most evident. See yesterday with no Aguero for City.

My view is 100% that without a second/other striker who can effectively lead the line in Kane's absence for whatever reason that we will win nothing.

That until we add 2/3 players to the current group we will continue to challenge but not get past the winning line.

Why do we need another striker? 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and 3 semi-final losses that's why.

• Like x 1
  9. Totti

#1889 Totti, 9 Dec 2018 at 12:33 PM
    Last edited: 9 Dec 2018 at 1:00 PM
    What's massively incorrect?

That we've won 10 out of 13 games that we've rested Kane or games he's missed through injury? Which include smashing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge for the first time in 25 years and comfortably dismantling Guardiola's Man City at White Hart Lane?

We don't play with a striker when Kane is out. I'm not really sure what's confusing. Teams have no idea who to mark because Lucas/Son/Dele/Lamela/Eriksen float all over the place. Chelsea didn't even play with a striker yesterday and beat Man City.

If you think finishing 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and a semi final loss was because we didn't have a back up striker to a player who was Golden Boot winner in 2 of those 3 seasons then I feel sorry for you.

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 1
  10. Mensa

Absolutely, find me a Kane back up striker better than Son or any of those other players we have in a false striker position, find me a club willing to sell them even though they are that good, has to be a player willing to be on bench, and they can’t be seen good enough to be bought by city or united for more than we offer

Not easy is it

• Agree x 6
  11. Guido

When you've just been presented with factual evidence that completely refutes your position you continue to dig the same hole. Utterly bizarre post. Just hold your hands up and say, "Oh I didn't know that perhaps you are right, thanks for posting".

• Like x 1
  12. Notabadsquad

Obviously lost on you.

13. Notabadsquad

What have we won? Plaudits.

If we adopt your position we continue to win nothing.

The key moments in the biggest of matches and at the critical times require more than we have got.

What bit of that continues to get lost on you and others?

14. Guido

Err no, it's completely lost on you. Had we lost games without Kane, failed to score without Kane then the conversation becomes valid.

• Agree x 1
  15. Notabadsquad

Strewth, you don't understand.

Okay lets have it your way.

We don't need another striker. Sometimes it is pointless.

16. Guido

:dembelelol:

17. Totti

Right. Got it.

The only way Tottenham Hotspur win things is if we sign a player to sit on the bench behind Kane.

Got it.

• Funny x 1
  18. Boltonspur

Always the voice of reason. You must stop it.

• Funny x 1
  19. Tomo

Supporter

I don’t think our system supports a typical out and out striker, Kane while a number 9 in ability has much more of an all round game than most strikers.

For me an alternative to Kane would be a multi role forward like Martial, Lacazette etc who can play as a forward but also as a wide forward and while Son nor Lucas are really quite they same they have done a good job for us.

I still feel we are mainly ok other than a prsssing need for a midfielder of top quality given the situation with Dembele and Wanyama. Obviously the Toby and Eriksen contracts are also key in terms of who we need over the next two windows.

• Like x 2
  20. Boltonspur

If Sonny can find consistency (he is such a streaky player) then we genuinely don’t need any back up at this point. We are scoring plenty of goals and not heavily reliant on one player. It’s our defensive side (DM in particular) where we could use some investment. Dembele looks like he’s off, Wanyama looks like he’s broken & whilst I love Dier to bits, we can’t rely on him to be ever present- even if he stays fit, it’s a position that attracts yellow cards/suspensions. I’m happy with the squad, but DM is a position that does have me slightly concerned. We are an injury/suspension away from being very vulnerable there.

• Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info