You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Transfers January 2019 transfer thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Ginolaflair, 27 Jul 2018.

1. r-u-s-x

I think 50M or we keep him,

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Totti

Yeah, we'll probably keep him.

No one will come in for £50,000,000 for him AND pay the wages he wants unless it's a massive club, who would probably rather wait until the summer where they can get him for half of that.

• Agree x 2
  3. r-u-s-x

It depends doesn't it, if the overseas is going to make an impact you drop those 4 that are not out of the squad list or give them a loan with us paying wages.

4. r-u-s-x

Man U are the only club that may if they want to keep Jose after the summer, if they have given up on him then no chance.

Anything less than £50M I cant see the value for us as we are more likely to finish in CL with him than getting £35M for him in January, the £10M isn't worth it.

5. Oracle

̶L̶e̶w̶i̶s̶ ̶C̶o̶o̶k̶

6. Nutter-Naylor

Supporter

7. Gatsby

Formally Christian's Eriksen

TottiTotti well.... shit.

8. Totti

Horrible news for him. May not even get back to the same level in such a physical league.

• Agree x 2
  9. Cravenspurs

I have loved what I have seen from him and he is smooth on the ball.

• Agree x 1
  10. Gatsby

I see Billing in a very similar mould to Loftus-Cheek, but would be half the price.

• Like x 1
  11. Cravenspurs

I see that, but I think he is a bit more defensively tuned in. Both are comfortable driving at defenses. But Billings has one hell of a rocket on him. Can strike a ball like Tom Huddlestone.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Totti

Billing is better defensively, I would say.

• Agree x 1
  13. Cravenspurs

This would be hilarious. Just add this to the pile of “we should have just made the signing before their price tag went up”

Not saying this is going to happen and don’t think we need him necessarily, but he is talented. We were interested in him apparently, just like Jadon.

14. Gatsby

I wouldn't be against the signing. Would have been good to get him in with Dembele for a season, as he could have learned a lot.

Midfield is certainly the area we need to focus on, so players like Billing would be ideal where he ticks both midfield and homegrown. Billing and Grealish would be very welcome.

• Like x 2
  15. Totti

Oh definitely.

Don't think Billing is the answer (Could be?) but he's homegrown, has that footballing physique of being 6 ft 4 yet graceful in midfield, defensively solid and as you say home grown. Would be nice to get him in to fill that home grown quota and also bring in someone else in the summer like Haidara/Diawara/Lobotka etc.

• Like x 1
  16. Gatsby

Who's going to be our PSG cast out signing this window?

• Funny x 1
  17. BriPelli

Wouldn't mind Rabiot

18. Totti

I imagine we'll end up going for Kurzawa in the summer.

19. Gatsby

Get an erratic left back, to go with our erratic right back.

In an ideal world, which never exists as a Spurs fan during a transfer window(s), I would like to see Llorente, Janssen, N'Koudou, Dembele, Wanyama and if he won't sign a new contract, Alderweireld shipped out over the next 2 windows. Thats 6 foreign players shipped out, leaving us room to bring in a couple of foreign players.

If we were then to go and bring in players such as Ake or De ligt, Billing, Grealish and a good striker like Callum Wilson, we would be in a much better position. However with the players listed as outgoings, I reckon we'd make a maximum of £50-60m, whilst the incomings I reckon are £150m+.

20. ginola92

Honestly we're not going to sign another stricker , and if we do it's not going to be someone of Wilson's level, he's competing with Kane for the golden boot currently , in the England squad, why would he come here to sit on our bench. Also replacing Dembele and Wanyama with Billing and Grealish is quite literally a nightmare scenario, these are Everton/Leicester level signings, we're above this.

Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info