January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FYI - We did agree a loan fee for Batshuayi but Chelsea refused to sanction it ... no surprise

How's that work then?

Surely the Chavs would be the ones offering him about if it was on the basis of a loan. I understand an agent might help try and drum up some interest; but agreeing loan fees?

How's that work then?

Surely the Chavs would be the ones offering him about if it was on the basis of a loan. I understand an agent might help try and drum up some interest; but agreeing loan fees?

The agent let it be known they wanted 8m for the rest of the season, we said OK but Chelsea said fuck-off ... don't blame then they don't want to be our feeder club, even if that is their true level ... lol ....

Last edited:
The agent let it be known they wanted 8m for the rest of the season, we said OK but Chelsea said fuck-off ... don't blame then they don't want to be our feeder club, even if that is theit true level ... lol ....

Any "agreement" of any significance would be with the Chavs, no? Sounds like there was little danger of that ever happening.

The agent let it be known they wanted 8m for the rest of the season, we said OK but Chelsea said fuck-off ... don't blame then they don't want to be our feeder club, even if that is their true level ... lol ....
I guess they were always going to pull the plug the second another club was interested, but an £8m loan fee would have been bloody impressive to milk out of us for half a season.

Really want to know if any of it is true as it would give a good indication as to where Poch is most desperate to recruit.

I guess they were always going to pull the plug the second another club was interested, but an £8m loan fee would have been bloody impressive to milk out of us for half a season.

Really want to know if any of it is true as it would give a good indication as to where Poch is most desperate to recruit.

Indeed. Esp. when you think a contract may typically run for 4 years....

2 x 8m = 16m per season.

4 x 16m = 64m

How much did they buy him for again??????? ....He's been dumped by 2 more clubs since too!

I think it's just a little fable floated to ruffle the feathers of those already disgruntled by the lack of signings.

Are we sure the window's closed ?

51461792_1183679451781773_889546482154209280_o.png

Spurs aim to beat Manchester United to Premier League rising star with £50m bid

There have been questions asked within the Tottenham scouting unit as to why the club didn’t harden their interest as they watched Brooks, who started off in Manchester City’s academy before switching to Bramall Lane at age 17, take the top flight by storm.

I guess it is frustrating for the scouting team that we are going through this period where we are not signing anyone. Also Brooks won't sell for 50 mill in this market. It will be much much more.

Not what I heard? The loan fee was £2m to WHU or Real Betis but £8m for us!! cheeky cunts no wonder we didn't take it up?
I bet Palace only paid £2m + wages?

We've made approaches for four players, that's not deals done or even transfer offers just "if we offered this would you consider it" or '"what would we need to do to sign xxxx" type conversations, none are big names instead all represent long term plans, all are approved by Poch (so fuck you ManU) and it's not a case of picking one, we will take all four if that's possible, all in all about 106m could be spent ....

However, we are expecting 3/4 players to leave, nobody has said as much but I think we are definitely still looking to balance the numbers, it's not so much about transfer funds we do have those if needed, and anyway on the type of signings we're looking at we would almost certainly make a profit, it's all about wages and risking the possible morale and disruption issues that having too many players with zero chance off playing could create ....

Poch and DL are firmly aligned in clearing out the deadwood, it seems Poch will give a player every chance but once his mind is made up there is no coming back, you know who they are ....

The usual 'intellects' can disagree, that's like a badge of honour anyway, and I appreciate that this is not telling you anything remotely supportable one way or the other, it's just information from my NY phone call update ...

Happy New Year to all, even those on ignore - Bring on 2019 ......
kNT0uEF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom