January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just had a thought that maybe its all because there's too much footie on tv now. And if you dont get to see the game "live" all the goals are repeated time and again. You could literally watch at least 1 match a day if you wanted to opposed to when I was a kid all you had was "Match of the Day" and "the Big Match", the only live game being the FA Cup final. God I'm old!!!!!!
Well I can remember the time before MOD and only live match was F A Cup final. First match I saw 1961 Final. Been a bit downhill since then.

As soon as I saw Lemina against Palace I knew he'd be a great Dembele replacement. Always wonder how these talented players would fair under Poch.

He's at the right age. Got a good footballing physique. Strong on the ball. Exciting.

Probably bollocks though
He's excellent player, capable of breaking the first press in midfield (which is what Dembele does so well), they are not comparable like for like but he possesses the ability to beat that press which enables us to control midfield and help build attacks, without the ball he's also aggressive and has relentless energy.

I'm a big Lamela fan though and do not want to see him leave Spurs, unless of course he is crocked, then hey ho.

I wish will be in for Mateo Kovačić , I think he is the perfect Dembele replacement and he's only 23 and don't really play for real Madrid .

Ok, i've heard we're interested in some bloke from PSG. Any news on this.
giphy.gif

It’s a very frustrating transfer window. At the start of it we were clearly lacking “something” in the squad. Since then United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool & goons have tried to improve their squads. All significant outlay for necessary reasons ( Man Shity aside ) worries me that ( Moura being the possible exception ) we have essentially guaranteed 5th again by lack of investment.

I guess tonight and Sunday will show how we benefit from a settled squad v investment.

Huge props to Levy for sealing up the Moura deal- I know hes not played a lot lately, but considering the other deals done lately, the price seems an amazing deal- 5/6th of a Sissoko! We got what we needed- some depth in attack, and a player that won't be afraid to run at defenders and break down stingy defenses. He should be a complete menace on the counter as well. I am pumped to see him in the colors!!!

Back
Top Bottom