January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barkley's in for sure. Then perhaps a fast player that can beat a man, like Martins.

I hope so. Nice blend of creativity and Dembele about him. Adds options

We should be scouring the lower leagues for the next Keita Balde, someone like that. I'm glad we didn't get him as I got the feeling he wouldn't be a great character fit but someone with his skill set would be a huge option for us to have. I'd love the next Rashford as well that kids going all the way to the top!

I'm pretty curious about the young Argentine striker Sebastian Driussi who was second best scorer in the Argentinian league last year and now plays for Zenith. If Jansen doesn't deliver deliver this year maybe he could be interesting next summer.

We should seriously be looking at Emil Forsberg as an alternative to Christian. This dude's got quality written all over him.

And you implied there was no point in signing him just to loan back

Ah I see. Sorry.

I'm hoping that if we do sign someone, they are first team ready. Maybe go back in for Barkley for £15-20m then Lucas Moura loan?

Apparently, it wasn't work permit reasons for him not joining. I've read that both Moura and Di Maria's partners are pregnant and don't want to move during this. Whether that's bull I don't know.

Ah I see. Sorry.

I'm hoping that if we do sign someone, they are first team ready. Maybe go back in for Barkley for £15-20m then Lucas Moura loan?

Apparently, it wasn't work permit reasons for him not joining. I've read that both Moura and Di Maria's partners are pregnant and don't want to move during this. Whether that's bull I don't know.
I think it's been an amazing window personally, strengthened our strongest area (defence) and actually added a proven prem goal scorer who will be content as 2nd striker - excited to see where we are come xmas when everyone is up to speed

I think it's been an amazing window personally, strengthened our strongest area (defence) and actually added a proven prem goal scorer who will be content as 2nd striker - excited to see where we are come xmas when everyone is up to speed

I agree this window has been brilliant, especially after how it started. January is where we need to assess the team, and see whether we need reinforcements.

I can see Barkley happening for sure.

Gomes deal has stepping stone written all over. Barkley for me.

Yeh I agree. I mean I'd love Gomes, always been a fan of his. But if Bayern come knocking in 2 years he'd go. Plus Barca would want a buy back clause, and they usually activate them.

Barkley is desperate to join us, and with a World Cup coming up he might impress us between Jan and May.

Yeh I agree. I mean I'd love Gomes, always been a fan of his. But if Bayern come knocking in 2 years he'd go. Plus Barca would want a buy back clause, and they usually activate them.

Barkley is desperate to join us, and with a World Cup coming up he might impress us between Jan and May.
Jan will see very few players available. Suspect Woolwich, Liverpool, ManC, U might try to sign Barkley too

Absolutely no chance. He's one of the RasenballSport untouchables, and would require Eriksen type money to pry from them.
Well they did agree to sell Keita to Liverpool next summer. So it is not impossible. But I agree it would be a gargantuan task to get him. But he's a local lad so I'd love to see him in lillywhite personally.

Well they did agree to sell Keita to Liverpool next summer. So it is not impossible. But I agree it would be a gargantuan task to get him. But he's a local lad so I'd love to see him in lillywhite personally.

He had a release clause though.

Forsberg doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom