January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When I mentioned earlier his Bundesliga stats I think it was obvious I am aware of where he plays.

More so meaning that because it's not easy to lure someone to warm the bench we took a gamble on Janssen from the Dutch league.

Because we'll struggle to get quality for the same reason with Rose I think it's likely we stick with Davies (unless he wants to leave) and put up with his not as good offensive abilities.

I agree that there's no chance what so ever that we'll bring in someone like him to deputise for Rose. I personally hope we'll stick with Davies and perhaps look to bring in someone like Ryan Sessegnon.

Would be a tremendous loan move for us IMO. I've known about him for a long time and he has always been a very highly rated player. Would be an excellent addition to the squad while Erik is out, especially since we don't know when he will be back or where his head will be at when he is back. I say we bring in Nico and give Erik the time he needs. Treat him as a human, show him some empathy and hopefully he repays the faith by committing more to our project when his head is finally back in the game.

I watch a fair amount, follow News on a daily basis. I've heard the hype but never seen him play. I think he only became known because of a link to Woolwich a year or two ago. He has played (started) only a handful of games. The hype is mainly coming from the Club (massively in debt, needs the money) and agent/player (needs the money). Most reporters say the usual, has potential, way too young to tell if he will even cut it in Argentina, let alone in Europe and prem.

The new Damiao then? For once I'm not stressing about us signing a striker. Happy with what we've got in Kane and Janssen (including his current situation). No point signing another striker that will need to adapt to playing in a more physically demanding league.

Would be a tremendous loan move for us IMO. I've known about him for a long time and he has always been a very highly rated player. Would be an excellent addition to the squad while Erik is out, especially since we don't know when he will be back or where his head will be at when he is back. I say we bring in Nico and give Erik the time he needs. Treat him as a human, show him some empathy and hopefully he repays the faith by committing more to our project when his head is finally back in the game.

A nice thought. Apart from the fact that Eriks contract expires in 18 months.

If we don't believe in him returning promptly, then a loan move to a place of his choice with an option of a sale is the reasonable outcome.

A nice thought. Apart from the fact that Eriks contract expires in 18 months.

If we don't believe in him returning promptly, then a loan move to a place of his choice with an option of a sale is the reasonable outcome.

I refuse to believe that Erik wouldn't sign a new contract if the club stands by him in his time of struggle. We support him, and in return he supports us. If nothing else it's a hugely strong PR stunt.

Clearly BS... as the Player himself "...is keen a move to Tottenham" Don't be ridiculous... NO player is openly keen on a move to Tottenham... they're too busy being keen on a move to Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea or ArseAnal... (whom they all supported as young lads) ...at best, he'll be keen on a move to The Premier League TM

...and even if any player was keen on a move to Spurs... the papers surely wouldn't be reporting it, as it may give us ideas above our station, and then maybe, just maybe, all the 'wantaway' players like Dele, Lloris, Kane and the rest of the First team squad might just be persuaded/press-ganged into staying... and we can't have that, can we?!

:allitongue::eriksenlol::kaneear::walker-scream::llorishowudoin::dembelefingers: :pochlol::levylol:

Clearly BS... as the Player himself "...is keen a move to Tottenham" Don't be ridiculous... NO player is openly keen on a move to Tottenham... they're too busy being keen on a move to Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea or ArseAnal... (whom they all supported as young lads) ...at best, he'll be keen on a move to The Premier League TM

...and even if any player was keen on a move to Spurs... the papers surely wouldn't be reporting it, as it may give us ideas above our station, and then maybe, just maybe, all the 'wantaway' players like Dele, Lloris, Kane and the rest of the First team squad might just be persuaded/press-ganged into staying... and we can't have that, can we?!

:allitongue::eriksenlol::kaneear::walker-scream::llorishowudoin::dembelefingers: :pochlol::levylol:

It's very possible that he isn't getting game time at Athletico and is friends with Lamela. A loan move benefits him, benefits us and benefits his friend. Who really knows though.

It's very possible that he isn't getting game time at Athletico and is friends with Lamela. A loan move benefits him, benefits us and benefits his friend. Who really knows though.

Reckon we could get a little Argentine 'Bromance' going there to rival our English one...?
:lamelaaghh::pochwtf:.... :dierno::deledoubt:

I refuse to believe that Erik wouldn't sign a new contract if the club stands by him in his time of struggle. We support him, and in return he supports us. If nothing else it's a hugely strong PR stunt.

I agree, but it is hardly the first time a player has fucked the club, pocketed his loyalty bonus and sodded off.

This is what they're talking about elsewhere.

Someone called 'noodles' who was once reliable with stuff (allegedly) said:

noodles said:
Hearing Pamela's playing up wants a new contract , Pochs told him to earn it or fcuk off (probably back to Rome)
The Dutchmans toast not up to the required standard

Apparently Pamela is Lamela, and with grammer added in, the second part is supposed to be "The Dutchman is toast".

Then some random dribble from another one of COYS inner chums in response to the Lamela stuff:

hertyid said:
Firstly Lamela was supposed to be taking the penalty against City. If anyone got a bollocking it was Son.

Second why are we all so comfortable with the concept of physical injuries but not with mental? The guy is depressed. He had some personal issues and his 2 week injury has become a nagging 3 month problem. He is in the gym on his own doing rehab. It's got into his head. So he's off to Rome for a few weeks of R&R with some old friends and the Roma physio.

Nothing to see here. And definitely
not being sold.

All in all a load of guessing and bollocks, but though the soap opera might be of interest, instead of the spurs exodus that the media obsess with

Apparently Rochdale have a 30% sell-on agreement with Brentford for Hogan and could pocket £4 million if he goes to the spammers. That'll be brilliant for a club like Rochdale, either invest some of that money for a real push for promotion to the Championship, or have the next couple of year's running costs taken care of!

I say swerve Gaitan if he can't even get in to the Atleti team, there is no recent history to suggest he would do any better for us given game time.

:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom