January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

N'Koudou could get some game time pretty soon if the goal drought continues, he could provide the spark we need.

Worth a try anyway, from the little we've seen of him so far, he looks like he could definitely give us that different option from the bench, scare a few defenders with some genuine pace in the latter stages .

Should Tottenham ditch Janssen and move for England international?
Not for me, good player but made of glass, mentally fragile it seems and don't see him fitting our system.
Plus i like Janssen, though i do note there's a few on here not so keen.

As the article concludes
'Much will depend on what happens between now and January, and the first-team opportunities that Sturridge receives, and whether or not Janssen can show any kind of form for Spurs'.
Much too early to say

As the article concludes
'Much will depend on what happens between now and January, and the first-team opportunities that Sturridge receives, and whether or not Janssen can show any kind of form for Spurs'.
Much too early to say
Yeah i know it's clickbait bollocks but thought it worth sticking on here to see what people think.

Basically we're short in two areas imo.

1) We lack a real top-class player in the three behind the striker.
2) Unless Janssen starts scoring goals from open-play soon, we are again heavily dependent upon Kane as a striker.

It's going to be pretty much impossible to fix the first problem in January, such quality players generally don't move clubs in the middle of the season. The second issue we could try to fix though. Surely there must be some half-decent striker out there that can bring something extra? Even a temporary Saha type of signing would help.

Back
Top Bottom