January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's testament to the snobbery of attitudes towards the Scottish game that the only thing worthy of note from Celtic's recent performance against Man City is that Mousa Dembélé is good. I assume most of you read the headlines and formed opinions from there.

Tierney also shone and, for me, is the most exciting young left back in European football.
It's off topic, but given that you're talking about Scottish football here I thought I'd ask. As an Australian I'm interested to know what your opinion is of Tom Rogic? After struggling initially with injury he seems to have come into his own over the last two seasons. From what I understand the Celtic fans love him now.

It's off topic, but given that you're talking about Scottish football here I thought I'd ask. As an Australian I'm interested to know what your opinion is of Tom Rogic? After struggling initially with injury he seems to have come into his own over the last two seasons. From what I understand the Celtic fans love him now.
Aye he has become a key player for Celtic I would say. Comfortable on the ball and usually in the mix whenever I've watched him. Quality player and still young. Hopefully his injuries are behind him

If we sign Isco that could be seriously awesome. The other thing I would like is a wide, pacey attacker with more creativity than Sissoko. I get why we got him, and I also get that we overpaid because he was the last fucker on our list and it was the 11th hour. But I still think he's our weakest link, and would like to improve that.

If we sign Isco that could be seriously awesome. The other thing I would like is a wide, pacey attacker with more creativity than Sissoko. I get why we got him, and I also get that we overpaid because he was the last fucker on our list and it was the 11th hour. But I still think he's our weakest link, and would like to improve that.

We got gorgeous for that .

If we want to be sneaky smart about our scouting this winter, I think Nabil Fekir (if he can pass the medical) and Vincenzo Grifo would be worth looking at.

There's a few interesting contracts expiring in the summer. I'd be surprised if we weren't back in for Berahino and possibly Witsel.

Also got a few big names out of contract - Robben, Ribery, Yaya Toure, Thiago Silva, Zabaleta, Ivanovic, Valencia, Pepe to name but a few. Also some Woolwich cunts.

There's a few interesting contracts expiring in the summer. I'd be surprised if we weren't back in for Berahino and possibly Witsel.

Also got a few big names out of contract - Robben, Ribery, Yaya Toure, Thiago Silva, Zabaleta, Ivanovic, Valencia, Pepe to name but a few. Also some Woolwich cunts.
Yeah, none of those, thanks. I'd be looking at young attacking midfield and fullback options only.

Berahino will certainly be off the radar. His attitude the past two years couldn't have been a good thing to witness for Pochettino and probably a reason as to why we weren't linked heavily in the summer. Must also be a reason why Witsel is STILL at Zenit and no other club has signed him, I mean wasn't he close to signing for Everton in the summer, what happened?

Jetro Willems is very much in the Danny Rose mould when it comes to left back and I see his contract is up in the summer. That would be a smart signing, though quite harsh on Davies, he's much more like for like with Rose.

I can't see Pochettino signing anyone over the age of 26, I believe he's even said this or someone has reported it - I think we've been linked with Ntep before at Rennes, his contract is also running out.

Berahino will certainly be off the radar. His attitude the past two years couldn't have been a good thing to witness for Pochettino and probably a reason as to why we weren't linked heavily in the summer. Must also be a reason why Witsel is STILL at Zenit and no other club has signed him, I mean wasn't he close to signing for Everton in the summer, what happened?

Jetro Willems is very much in the Danny Rose mould when it comes to left back and I see his contract is up in the summer. That would be a smart signing, though quite harsh on Davies, he's much more like for like with Rose.

I can't see Pochettino signing anyone over the age of 26, I believe he's even said this or someone has reported it - I think we've been linked with Ntep before at Rennes, his contract is also running out.
Witsel is Juventus bound. He was 99% there this summer but at the last hour, literally, Zenit told Juve to fuck off because they couldn't find a replacement in time. Witsel will now let his contract run out

Back
Top Bottom