January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah woulda broke their record i do believe.

hope it was a case of us saying no, rather than siggy saying no. Would do wonders for the lads confidence if we did, and would be disastrous if he did.

Yeah woulda broke their record i do believe.

hope it was a case of us saying no, rather than siggy saying no. Would do wonders for the lads confidence if we did, and would be disastrous if he did.

BBC SPORT

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas says midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, who was the subject of interest from his former club Reading on deadline-day, has a future at the club. "He's a player that we believe a lot in, and in his future here," said Villas-Boas. "We couldn't allow him to leave."

AVB at least certainly makes all the right noises.
Unlike arry who is all like....

70561f87_fe353b42brickloudnoises.jpeg

I really have faith is Siggy. Sure he's been disappointing. i'm not going to blame bad luck alone for him not doing amazingly well, but for him to have played as well as he did at Swansea and to be as young as he is, he'll come good.

I've had a few jobs over the years, different companies, but doing the same shit. Generally took me months to settle in, get to know my colleagues, get up to speed with strategies, etc. pretty sure the same is true for footballers.

The likes of Sig and Dempsey are pretty much right on the curve as far as I'm concerned, considering how long they've been with us. Both have proved themselves with previous clubs and whilst we may not be playing to their strengths, they will improve further. The more they get used to our style of play, the more they get to know the rest of the time, the better they will become.

I say give them time.

With Dempsey I think its more a case of big fish in a small pond at Fulham and he's been found out at spurs. he's not really played well but its hard to keep him out the team with the goals he scores. Its almost the opposite of Siggy who plays well enough (most of the time) but gets nowhere.

With Dempsey I think its more a case of big fish in a small pond at Fulham and he's been found out at spurs. he's not really played well but its hard to keep him out the team with the goals he scores. Its almost the opposite of Siggy who plays well enough (most of the time) but gets nowhere.

I wouldn't say found out, he was the main player at Fulham and their play was built around him to a degree. That hasn't been the case at us and he has had trouble adapting.

At Fulham Dempsey had the luxury of being allowed to drift in to the centre from the left wing, this mean't he could quite easily lose his marker (the RB) and find space between the lines. At Spurs he plays between the lines so the Centre backs know to pick him up. So essentially, he's doing the same job but in a more difficult way.

At Fulham Dempsey had the luxury of being allowed to drift in to the centre from the left wing, this mean't he could quite easily lose his marker (the RB) and find space between the lines. At Spurs he plays between the lines so the Centre backs know to pick him up. So essentially, he's doing the same job but in a more difficult way.

He also has the un-enviable task of playing in Rafa's old position, so a lot of the fans are expecting a technically proficient elegant footballer :vdvcry: , and are getting grit and spit :dempsey: , with the first touch of a rapist.

I think perhaps now we have our silky dreamboat Lewis :holtbytongue: in the middle, Clint might be able to come on from the bench and strut his stuff from out wide when appropriate.

He could become a cult hero.

:freund:

Back
Top Bottom