January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

At Fulham Dempsey had the luxury of being allowed to drift in to the centre from the left wing, this mean't he could quite easily lose his marker (the RB) and find space between the lines. At Spurs he plays between the lines so the Centre backs know to pick him up. So essentially, he's doing the same job but in a more difficult way.
He also has the un-enviable task of playing in Rafa's old position, so a lot of the fans are expecting a technically proficient elegant footballer :vdvcry: , and are getting grit and spit :dempsey: , with the first touch of a rapist.

I think perhaps now we have our silky dreamboat Lewis :holtbytongue: in the middle, Clint might be able to come on from the bench and strut his stuff from out wide when appropriate.

He could become a cult hero.

:freund:

Register to remove

Blanchflower

Supporter
At Fulham Dempsey had the luxury of being allowed to drift in to the centre from the left wing, this mean't he could quite easily lose his marker (the RB) and find space between the lines. At Spurs he plays between the lines so the Centre backs know to pick him up. So essentially, he's doing the same job but in a more difficult way.

Fulham played a 4321 formation with Dempsey and Duff cutting in and playing off Zamora as a classic target man.

Murphy's long passing made them able to break very quickly. Dempsey isn't quick but he's a really strong runner on the counter attack.

To actually get the best out of him we'd have to play something like;

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Ekotto

Sandro Huddlestone Dembele

Bale Dempsey

Adebayor

Register to remove

Considering Villa paid £7m in the summer and he has since scored 11 or 12 goals proving his potential I kind of doubt that!

AberdeenYid

I'm very rarely proud of myself
Jenas looked solid yesterday - proper box ti box mid - triffic lad. The missing cog in Arry's masterplan
If he's willing to go to QPR, surely we could have competed for his signature? I'm sick of us missing out on prospects like this to teams lower down the food chain. That Townsend lad looked quite good too.

Register to remove

Top Bottom