January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gomes out on loan. Cudicini and Jenas perm. transfer, and a raft of loans for our youngins. Yup, we freed up a nice amount of wages.

All we need to do now is get rid of Bentley

David_Bentley_is_in_848280a.jpg

What the hell is Bentley doing now? Does he train with the youf?

I would bloody hope he is training with the seniors on his wages, I would be fuming if I was DL and that chump was pissing around with the kids and taking home that money. Assuming that is he has come back from exile in siberia.

David-Bentley-300x186.jpg

Wish Levy would go ahead and just release him from his contract.

We've spent far more on his wages over the past few years trying to get rid of him than he'll ever command in the way of a transfer fee.

edit: And flopped at every single loan move, no less.

He and Wayne Bridge should start a traveller's inn for harried executives who would like a pretty face (or two) as they try to get away from the persistent misogyny/homophobia of business life at the edge of the glass ceiling.

Yeah so much bullshit that 20 minutes of Wengers press conference the following day was talking about him.

Stop stalking me welshy, you are coming across desperate.
That's only because the french jimmy saville is so senile now that he thought they were asking him about one of his own players.

Goon PR are the kings of spin just before the season ticket renewals are up.

You want melt down? look at goon blogs today. Some of them are even more revolting than usual.

Expect more fights and more banners at a stadium near us soon. There is even talk of a 'wenger out' advertising blimp fly by! tbf, I'd probably chip in for that one.

we have created a 4 pt lead over Woolwich in 24 matches with our existing squad
there are 14 to go
nothing they did yesterday suggested they have anything new or different to outscore us on points in these 14 matches. we have added Holtby

4th looks more, not less likely than it did imo

i don't consider everton a serious threat
tbf, how many games we've played can be misleading, as it doesn't factor who we have left to play.

Everton are a serious threat, traditionally have better '2nd halves' to a season and is jelavic actually finds his striking boots again they will mount a serious challenge, they also fulfill the 'tough to beat' category regardless of opposition.
Goons have an easier run in (on paper) and are a bunch of spawny cunts.

So it will be tighter than a gnat's twat. I wouldn't be going all 'mind the gap' any time until the end of may tbh.

So it will be tighter than a gnat's twat. I wouldn't be going all 'mind the gap' any time until the end of may tbh.

Id never say it all... i didnt say it last year and i wont ever say it. That was cringeworthy at times :(

and it made it all the more worse when... well you know :(

tricky: i'm not claiming it's a shoo-in or we can start lording it over that lot. far from it. until it's mathematically certain i'm still expecting us to choke
what i was seeking to do was counter the hysterical doom mongering shite derived by some from the failure to capture a lethal convertor of the many many chances we make
in any analysis you have to also consider what those around you have done or not done. ourselves, everton & Woolwich are largely "as you were". it's a million miles from "season over Levy you cahhhhhnt"

all to play for

Back
Top Bottom