Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope its a 10 year deal and he's here into his mid 40's.

I'm sure that was a joke but there is a serious angle, if an ageing player and his family are settled at a club and in a city why not offer them something different .... how about

Five years - Year1 150k playing contract - Year 2 100k + appearance bonus - Year 3 50k plus appearance bonus - Year 4 50k and coaching badges - Year 5 50k and coaching badges .... the player has a five year plan and gets his coaching badges, the club gains from his experience whilst depreciating their cost. The player and his family can remain settled and not worry about uprooting the family every couple of years ... thinking outside the box.

Last edited:
I'm sure that was a joke but there is a serious angle, if an ageing player and his family are settled at a club and in a city why not offer them something different .... how about

Five years - Year1 150k playing contract - Year 2 100k + appearance bonus - Year 3 50k plus appearance bonus - Year 4 50k and coaching badges - Year 5 50k and coaching badges .... the player has a five year plan and gets his coaching badges, the club gains from his experience whilst depreciating their cost. The player and his family can remain settled and not worry about uprooting the family every couple of years ... thinking outside the box.

'The Bret Hart deal' - Right, grapple fans? :freund:

That's not a box it's a coffin!!

Of the 3 Verts was always the most likely to resign. Never said he wanted to leave and loves the club. What if he falls out of the first team in the 2nd year. He will still be worth his wage as cover

Back
Top Bottom