Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won the ball clean as a whistle. The angle of the tackle wasn't into the player, but away from him, it was The Woolwich player that was late, hence Jan winning the ball.

I mean do you really believe this?

It's obvious he wanted to get a free hit in on Lacazette.

Clear as day that he left one in and followed through on purpose. You don't have a right to hurt a player with the follow through simply because you get the ball first. Learn the rules man.

I mean do you really believe this?

It's obvious he wanted to get a free hit in on Lacazette.

Clear as day that he left one in and followed through on purpose. You don't have a right to hurt a player with the follow through simply because you get the ball first. Learn the rules man.
100% believe it, wouldn't have posted it otherwise. He was significantly ahead of Lacazette, he won the ball clean as a whistle. Loads of tackles in slow motion look worse, had he have been late into the challenge and therefore miss-timed it then yes, foul and yellow. I've seen it 100 times now and it's a perfectly good tackle with the other player late into it, it's because he's late he gets hit. His fault.

100% believe it, wouldn't have posted it otherwise. He was significantly ahead of Lacazette, he won the ball clean as a whistle. Loads of tackles in slow motion look worse, had he have been late into the challenge and therefore miss-timed it then yes, foul and yellow. I've seen it 100 times now and it's a perfectly good tackle with the other player late into it, it's because he's late he gets hit. His fault.

Perhaps in your head it's his fault but according to the rules it's Vertonghen's fault.

You can say morally you think Vertonghen is 100% in the clear (still obviously untrue by the way) but if you leave your studs in and follow through like that it's a foul and booking ANY DAY.

Perhaps in your head it's his fault but according to the rules it's Vertonghen's fault.

You can say morally you think Vertonghen is 100% in the clear (still obviously untrue by the way) but if you leave your studs in and follow through like that it's a foul and booking ANY DAY.
So every time you tackle or kick a ball, you must not swing your leg, extend your leg, in fact, you are saying you must retract your leg and only half-heartedly attempt to do anything. Sorry fella just no. Lacazete was late, that's why he was hit, had he and Jan both got to the ball at the same time then he doesn't get kicked. He's late, he, therefore, gets kicked.

But hey, I sense we are just going to go back and forth and spin our wheels on this.

So every time you tackle or kick a ball, you must not swing your leg, extend your leg, in fact, you are saying you must retract your leg and only half-heartedly attempt to do anything. Sorry fella just no. Lacazete was late, that's why he was hit, had he and Jan both got to the ball at the same time then he doesn't get kicked. He's late, he, therefore, gets kicked.

But hey, I sense we are just going to go back and forth and spin our wheels on this.

Zero chance you'd say this if Mustafi left studs in on Kane.

Jan took the ball and, as you rightly say, his leg was directed away from Lacazette's position. Unfortunately Lacazette then took another step and placed his foot directly in front of Jan's studded boot and a collision took place. To my mind it was just an unfortunate accident. For Neville to accuse Jan of a cynical tackle is out of order, especially when it's based on a super slow motion replay which would make any contact look premeditated.

Jan took the ball and, as you rightly say, his leg was directed away from Lacazette's position. Unfortunately Lacazette then took another step and placed his foot directly in front of Jan's studded boot and a collision took place. To my mind it was just an unfortunate accident. For Neville to accuse Jan of a cynical tackle is out of order, especially when it's based on a super slow motion replay which would make any contact look premeditated.
Didn't hear that commentary, thank god, and no surprise to me to hear people following suit as though what the commentators say is always correct.

I am still watching pool united match but after a weird chain of thoughts it came to me that we have the most good looking CB in the league. And it is Jan Vertonghen. Is this gay?

Back
Top Bottom