Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kristof Terreur (Belgian journalist):

Hate to spoil the Spurs party so early, but this exclusive footage of Jan Vertonghen doesn’t look good. Protective boot on his right foot, the crutches. Smells like an ankle ligament injury.

In the Pochettino in tears video, Vertonghen is still on the pitch and moving fine. But some say that he didn't appear for the post-match celebrations in front of the fans, so where and when did he get injured?

In the dressing room? Damn it. Real bad luck if celebrations caused the injury.

Would 3 weeks be enough? Sanchez should return by then though surely, and whilst he doesn't inspire as much confidence, it's not the end of the world if Jan is unfortunately sidelined.

Kristof Terreur (Belgian journalist):

Hate to spoil the Spurs party so early, but this exclusive footage of Jan Vertonghen doesn’t look good. Protective boot on his right foot, the crutches. Smells like an ankle ligament injury.

Let's not be rash until we know what the diagnosis is. Jan has a full 3 weeks to see if this gets better & in the same time we will probably be welcoming Kane back.

He'll be fine, if not we'll find a way.

tenor.gif

In the Pochettino in tears video, Vertonghen is still on the pitch and moving fine. But some say that he didn't appear for the post-match celebrations in front of the fans, so where and when did he get injured?

In the dressing room? Damn it. Real bad luck if celebrations caused the injury.

Would 3 weeks be enough? Sanchez should return by then though surely, and whilst he doesn't inspire as much confidence, it's not the end of the world if Jan is unfortunately sidelined.
they were throwing things around in the dressing room, if he was wearing those shower sandals and slipped on the spilled drink ...

It would be a fucking football tragedy if he doesn't feature in our historic match considering how great a servant he has been for the club all these years. I would have loved to see Dembele in there too but no point crying over spilt milk.

Anyone else notice that towards the end of the game Jan had fucked off that protective mask and went rogue on us. I think I noticed it when he had one cleared off the line.

A little streak of warrior spirit coming through our Belgian Rolls Royce

Last edited:
It would be a fucking football tragedy if he doesn't feature in our historic match considering how great a servant he has been for the club all these years. I would have loved to see Dembele in there too but no point crying over spilt milk.

If we can win it, we can give Dembele one of the medals since he actually played in a couple of the games before he left. I mean, that'd be pretty awesome.

Hopefully Kane, Winks and Vertonghen will be back as Liverpool will surely be all fit by then too. COYS

Anyone else notice that towards the end of the game Jan had fucked off that protective mask and went rogue on us. I think I noticed it when he had one cleared off the line.

A little streak of warrior spirit coming through our Belgian Rolls Royce

Was surprised how long it took for that to happen. Had the feeling he was going to ditch it within the first couple of minutes.

Back
Top Bottom