Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Merry Christmas!

tenor.gif

Let us down big time today.

Wonder if it was two big games too many for him? He was out for a while and came back from injury earlier than expected and then plays two games in four days.

Let us down big time today.

Wonder if it was two big games too many for him? He was out for a while and came back from injury earlier than expected and then plays two games in four days.
i can forgive him for today for all the great games he has had for us over the years. Everyone can be forgiven a bad day. Typical it was today though.

i can forgive him for today for all the great games he has had for us over the years. Everyone can be forgiven a bad day. Typical it was today though.

Oh I've forgiven him already. Don't condone him leaving one on the Woolwich player and getting sent off and hopefully he learns from it.

Alderweireld/Foyth from here on out.

Thought he looked off the pace right from the beginning, was a mistake to start him so soon and doesn’t have the partnership yet with Foyth to add confidence there. But, I imagine that it was the only choice Poch had given the injury list this season.

Don’t know why he threw his arm up in the air for the handball in the beginning but the second yellow wasn’t a yellow for me. He got the ball and got there first, not his fault that their player caught his follow through afterwards.

For me yesterday the issue was more playing an inexperienced lad alongside a regular who's only just returned and isn't match fit. You can play one or the other, but it has to be alongside an experienced, fit player. Nowhere is this more important than at CB, especially in the NLD of all games. I assume TA was injured, otherwise I can't understand Poch's thinking.

Back
Top Bottom