Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5752640.gif

Bad news but kind of expected. This is a tough period for the club but hopefully we can keep in touch with the PL leaders and get some players back to help cheer us up.

Foyrth, Toby, Sanchez, Eyoma, Dier and even Davies can all play at CB. Wecan survive this.

That fucking report.....
"He has shown a good initial response to rehabilitation...... :sonlol::sonlol:

....... but he's out for two months.":troll:

Massive, massive loss, especially some of the games he's missing.

LCB- such a premium position.
This is a really rough blow for our CL campaign.
I'm sure Toby and Davinson will do their best, but it's a tough gig to fill in for.

Why the feck was he allowed to play on after he sustained the injury against Huddersfield. Poch should have hooked him off immediately
I said at the time, and in other threads
as soon as he felt it he should have been pulled off, the medical team & Poch have let everyone down here.
Poch because he should tell the medical team any problem with these important players they need to stop right away,
the medical team because they should be more forceful with the player & manager

I can't believe he was left on until half time. I have a feeling that he wanted to stay on. Regardless, the meds should have over-ridden the player and manager and insisted he be taken off.

Tough.

Time for Dier to step up? I can't see Foyth being risked unless it's the FA or Rumbelows Cup.

I can't believe he was left on until half time. I have a feeling that he wanted to stay on. Regardless, the meds should have over-ridden the player and manager and insisted he be taken off.

Tough.

Time for Dier to step up? I can't see Foyth being risked unless it's the FA or Rumbelows Cup.
That he wanted to stay on is what I am seeing. Jan thought it was just a knock. Adrenaline I guess

It's a blow but let's not get too depressed. It wouldn't be the first time one of our Belgian CBs has had a long layoff, we have to just get on with it.

This is a big moment for Davinson, he needs to mature very quickly because the slightly ramshackle performances he's put in so far won't be enough to get us through the winter period.

Back
Top Bottom