Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You implied he can walk into the team tomorrow and fill Jan's void and that he can play on the left - both of which are categorically wrong - so shut the fuck up

No, I implied it'd be nice for him to get some minutes now we're down to 3 centre halves.

He's played left centre half for Argentina youth and Independiente. So please do us all a favour and shut the fuck up. Gracias.

Yeah - I'm sure you've watched all those in your rat-infested basement, shit for brains.

Not like you to take a thread off topic.

Amazingly, a video sharing website named YouTube exists buddy. Not sure if you've heard of it with all that time you've spent in the bin (Nice shiny yellow you've got there by the way). But YouTube happens to show off Foyth predominantly playing left sided centre half.

But never mind. 0 Premier League minutes to his name. He'll never make it at 20 years old.

Biggest problem is that neither of them are left footed centre halves. Davinson always looks like he struggles when playing as a left centre half. We even had to change it against Barcelona because he was having a poor game (Giving the ball away for the second goal) and Toby doesn't look as good on the left either.

I believe Foyth can play left sided centre back. so wouldnt even be against us playing 3 at the back and getting Foyth involved.

yeah Jan getting injured or even being on the deck too long I worry, no like for like cover really.
Fair about Foyth, didn't know he plays lcb for country.
Do think we are yet to see the best of Sanchez this season, maybe a run of games is all he needs although if uncomfortable at lcb then perhaps Foyth a better choice or 3 at the back with Dav in the middle.
Would like to see more of Foyth sometime though, he looks decent, pretty composed.
I think it unlikely Sanchez not to feature, he has already dropped out a bit because if Toby so I'm guessing Poch won't want to further push him out for Foyth.
Glad I don't have Poch's job tbh!

yeah Jan getting injured or even being on the deck too long I worry, no like for like cover really.
Fair about Foyth, didn't know he plays lcb for country.
Do think we are yet to see the best of Sanchez this season, maybe a run of games is all he needs although if uncomfortable at lcb then perhaps Foyth a better choice or 3 at the back with Dav in the middle.
Would like to see more of Foyth sometime though, he looks decent, pretty composed.
I think it unlikely Sanchez not to feature, he has already dropped out a bit because if Toby so I'm guessing Poch won't want to further push him out for Foyth.
Glad I don't have Poch's job tbh!

I think Sanchez has been pretty poor in every game he's played perhaps bar Huddersfield last week. I can't imagine changing partnerships every single week has helped him. One week he's with Jan, the next he's with both, then he's being dropped, then brought back in to partner Toby etc.

I reckon he's got beef with RM after the Toby fitness/availability comments in the summer. And now this. Disrespectful is what it is.
It might also sound trivial but letting your rivals (any opponent for that matter) know the date of when "our" player is likely to return only helps the oppo. It means there is a bit less scouting work to do on Verts, they now can concentrate on other players likely to play. It is trivial but the small margins, those marginal gains, all add up.

It's infuriating for us fans not to get concise info on the health of players that are injured but there is a reason why they are kept vague.

I can see that the medical staff have to make decisions based on information that the player feeds them. But he DID sit down. That's why the physio's were called on. I just think that if a player feels a hamstring go/tighten then you know not to take risks with it. I'd be prepared to have a decent wager that the overall decision has impacted the severity of the injury. Sometimes you have to take the decision out of the players hands I think.

I also think that the same willingness to listen to players rather than sense has caused more harm than good with both Harry Kane and Vic over the past season or two.
when I saw him go down I thought just take him off, I could not believe the medical team let him play on, he is the only Left CH we have, why risk it ?
that is poor management by Poch & his medical team, yes the player will want to play on, but Poch & the medical team need to think for the good of the whole team
bring him off he could only miss the Barca & Cardiff game (with this international break) but playing on its more likely he will miss 5 games for us,

Ready for Burnley at home in our brand new stadium...

...saying that. Anyone glad we spent £40,000,000 on a centre back last season?

Back
Top Bottom