Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally thought he was one of our 'weaker' performers - but he is out of position. Still, he's an absolute pro and an absolute warrior. Some great clearances and tackles.

He'll be back in the centre come the weekend.

What else can you say? He was amazing again.
Playing at about as high a level as a CB possibly can.
Him and Toby, and now Sanchez? We truly have an elite defense.
We might just have the best defense in world football right now!

Him and Kane are our players of the season so far, followed closely by Eriksen.

Our genuine upturn as a club and conduit to a host of new players joining our club is down to this man IMO. I hate the definition of building a team around a player but some are more influential than others and Jan is one our most influential players. This season though I've never seen him look so relaxed and happy. Love the bloke.

DMYD-5SW0AEZCDP.jpg

Last edited:
Something I don't understand. Everyone bangs on about Toby's new contract but he has a year more left than Jan, whose contract expires in Summer 2019, so just a season left at the end of this one. Think that's right anyway. Surely we're not going to let him run it down.

I just don't get why no one's mentioning it, or have I missed important news?

Something I don't understand. Everyone bangs on about Toby's new contract but he has a year more left than Jan, whose contract expires in Summer 2019, so just a season left at the end of this one. Think that's right anyway. Surely we're not going to let him run it down.

I just don't get why no one's mentioning it, or have I missed important news?
I think because it's easier to make rumours about Toby wanting to move. Jan is quite vocal about loving it here and wanting to stay.
Toby has also been positive tbf but there's room for the media to work with.

I think both will sign contracts tbh.

Age is probably also a factor. Jan is a couple of years older than Toby. So most assume his next contract will be his final big one, and thus that less big clubs will be in for him.

Obviously I love Jan and want him to finish his career with us.

Back
Top Bottom