Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So elegant with the ball. Responsible for Kane's second as his run set up Alli. Also went on another great run at some point. The joys of having Davinson/a back 3.

Superb today again. To be perfectly honest there's nothing more i enjoy in this Spurs side than seeing him fake an oppo player then end up romping down the left wing. A truly talented player who makes it look easy

What an absolute beast of a player. He created our 2nd goal and made it look easy. Not to mention that amazing run up the left flank. We need to find a way to use his creativity more, especially when we have the predictable center midfield of Dier and Sissoko playing.

We need to find a way to use his creativity more, especially when we have the predictable center midfield of Dier and Sissoko playing.

1) That's why we bought Sanchez, to play him as a sweeper and allow Jan to get forward more.
2) I don't think Sissoko is predictable and to a lesser extent Dier isn't either. His passing range is really good.

, not much between him and Toby now to be fair.

Tbh, Toby has looked more shaky this season than at any other point of his Spurs career so far imo. He's not playing bad, but I've noticed that when he's been getting pulled out to the flanks he's losing a fair few 1-1's now and letting people get the cross in.

Still a testament to him that his worst form for us is still a 7 or 8/10.

Tbh, Toby has looked more shaky this season than at any other point of his Spurs career so far imo. He's not playing bad, but I've noticed that when he's been getting pulled out to the flanks he's losing a fair few 1-1's now and letting people get the cross in.

Still a testament to him that his worst form for us is still a 7 or 8/10.
He might be a bit shaky on the flanks due to his lack of speed/acceleration. (sometimes it feels he starts a run a bit late) but some of his tackles are just absolutely insane. The only player that can tackle in the box and my heartrate doesn't even spike. I just shout EASY from the stands.

Back
Top Bottom