Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It must be fucking awesome to be a professional soccer player.

I think it's subjective. We've got a good thing going on right now, and you can see it's good for the players. You read about how other clubs operate, with things behind the scenes that happen (bullying, racism, homophobia, segregation, favouritism) and it is easy to see why plenty of talented players fall out of love with the game (Bentley, Benny etc.)

I think it's subjective. We've got a good thing going on right now, and you can see it's good for the players. You read about how other clubs operate, with things behind the scenes that happen (bullying, racism, homophobia, segregation, favouritism) and it is easy to see why plenty of talented players fall out of love with the game (Bentley, Benny etc.)
True. I should have said, "It must be fucking awesome to be a Tottenham player"

Yes, but it requires a level of dedication and self-denial that most people (even with the talent) are unwilling to commit to. Just when all your mates are discovering girls, clubbing, drugs and alcohol, you've got to be in bed at 10pm on a Friday.

I can go out on a Friday after work and still be home in bed by 10pm. Don't see what you are getting at?!

Back
Top Bottom