Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same! If any of the Spurs team are signed in with some random account and are reading what we say - please give us a sign.
:avbpray:

If I log out, then sign up with an account under the name 'jvertonghen', and "like" your post, will Case ban me, or will I get a reprieve for being a funny fucker?
:kanehand:

If I log out, then sign up with an account under the name 'jvertonghen', and "like" your post, will Case ban me, or will I get a reprieve for being a funny fucker?
:kanehand:
"Super Jan" would have been too obvious...
I'm convinced that various members of the squad must have random egg accounts on Twitter so they can follow whomever they want (i.e. Billie T) without having to worry about it.

giphy.gif

Playing against him must've been depressing yesterday, he tackled, intercepted, created attacks, had shots on goal and dominated everyone that came in his vicinity

Shows how much of a cunt Sherwood actually is with his Vertonghen can't even defend comments

Best thing about Verts is he rejected Woolwich and signed for us.
For me his singing was our most influential one in the past 5yrs (maybe longer, doing this off the top of my head). He was a serious player when we got him, not a "prospect" or "hopeful" singing. His signature was one of intent, the way we got him too with Levy personally going over to get him. I see his signature as key to attracting Eriksen, Lloris, Alderweield, Dembele etc....

His first season was excellent but this year his performances have surpassed his first and this year he is playing with a smile on his face and he is showing his leadership credentials (something that has been very disappointing from the outside).

Best thing about Verts is he rejected Woolwich and signed for us.
He's a very special kind of player in a lot of aspects, the way he left Ajax was top class too. His wife (or gf) is not the typical wag either, shows up to the Nt training in his mom's small car and so on
Part of it is him cultivating his image but another part is just him being different from the average player

He's a very special kind of player in a lot of aspects, the way he left Ajax was top class too. His wife (or gf) is not the typical wag either, shows up to the Nt training in his mom's small car and so on
Part of it is him cultivating his image but another part is just him being different from the average player
Isn't that old car supposed to be his Dad's who died. Kept for him to use when he comes over to Belgium?

Jan has been a different player this year. He's looked dejected in the past, but signing Toby has transformed him
He did look that way at times but i think the worst of his behavior was during the Timmy period and we all (or most) felt dejected during that stint.

But do agree that his attitude and the infamous 'body language' is a lot better

Back
Top Bottom