Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

God I can't wait for him to get back.

We're a different animal with the pair of them at CB
Right up to his injury thought he was having his best season for us. My take on his reaction to his injury was not one of pain but disappointment that he know he would miss out on games (I could be massively wrong here). It's just the way he has been playing, his attitude and general demeanour hard to pinpoint exactly but he just looked up for it and enjoying his football.

Right up to his injury thought he was having his best season for us. My take on his reaction to his injury was not one of pain but disappointment that he know he would miss out on games (I could be massively wrong here). It's just the way he has been playing, his attitude and general demeanour hard to pinpoint exactly but he just looked up for it and enjoying his football.

Yeah, he's been brilliant this season. Edged Toby IMO. My 3 players of the season so far are Verts, Rose, and Wanyama.

giphy.gif

I still think we have a decent Squad... but fuck me we've missed Jan (and Rose) at the back...
no coincidence that our 'patchiest' recent form has coincided with their absences...

YOU DON'T SAAAAAYYYYY?

Even better news
Mauricio Pochettino delivered the positive news on the defender as the team travelled to Belgium today (Wednesday) for our Europa League Round of 32 first leg against KAA Gent on Thursday night (6pm UK).

Jan has been sidelined for a month after picking up an ankle injury against West Brom.

Mauricio reported: “Jan is very well, maybe Friday he’ll start to train with the team and maybe Sunday (Fulham away, FA Cup) he’ll be ready to make the starting 11 or to be on the bench. We’ll see, but we’re very happy.”

Back
Top Bottom