Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't he score with he's left ?

Ha.

Guess my point was, there were several occasions in the vid where I was thinking “go left” or “pass it” when it’d have required him to use his left and he didn’t. Worry is against PL defenders he gets caught by that. Surprised me that he wouldn’t have had the confidence to try against that level in a pre-season.

Feel that we got cheated by Leeds United.

We basically gave them $8million pounds for them to beef up their squad and buy replacement for Clarke. Now he is left on the bench with little opportunity to develop

Feel that we got cheated by Leeds United.

We basically gave them $8million pounds for them to beef up their squad and buy replacement for Clarke. Now he is left on the bench with little opportunity to develop
You live by the sword, you die by the sword. We agreed to the deal.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. We agreed to the deal.

"Cheated" was a bit strong... Not sure there's an 'swords' involved either....

Is Clarke gonna get any gametime here this season with:

Son
Lamela
Dele
Eriksen (?)

...All likely to be played on the left before him?

Son
Lamela
Dele
Eriksen (?)

It’s pretty simple really....pick him and he’ll get game time.
4-0 up at home to Norwich, playing Coventry in the Carabou....plenty of time to bed him in.

But if Janssen, GKN and Llorente got about 10 games combined in three years, I don’t see much hope for Clarke.

Son
Lamela
Dele
Eriksen (?)

Nope and no guarantees that he will get much gametime next season either.
Only two games gone and it's a long season, he is going to get games at Leeds.

If we knew that he won’t get game time after we signed him up and loan him back, Will Pochettino and Levy still want to pay $8million pounds for him?

I doubt so.

It’s pretty simple really....pick him and he’ll get game time.
4-0 up at home to Norwich, playing Coventry in the Carabou....plenty of time to bed him in.

In theory, of course.

But if Janssen, GKN and Llorente got about 10 games combined in three years, I don’t see much hope for Clarke.

...But the above story is the harsh reality.

Europa league was perfect for these purposes (Kane!) and did us a world of good on our way 'up'. As did a thinner squad with less depth (see Dele, Winks)....

Given another year or two we may not have some of those I listed and a more mature Clarke may get his break. Just how the market is tbh... As soon as a midtable teams get's their hands on these kids (See Brooks, Maddison etc.) they become too expensive.

In the meantime, we just have to succumb to the idea that JC was an investment for the future and this is how it is if top end teams want to get young players like Clarke & Sess in... I think Sess is better off at Fulham again this year too tbh for what it's worth (Rose staying was no good for him).

If we knew that he won’t get game time after we signed him up and loan him back, Will Pochettino and Levy still want to pay $8million pounds for him?

I doubt so.
So what you're saying is they paid 8 million for him to get game time at Leeds? I'm sure if that's written in the contract that he MUST play games for Leeds, Levy will be on to the lawyers.

I doubt so.

They're not that naive... (See my prev. post)

2 games: Chill!

Back
Top Bottom