Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

p2ly1hijtl641.jpg

I'm pleased he's being recalled, hopefully they can find a better loan for him for the rest of the season or get him some minutes with us.
He's got a bright future if these next few years are handled correctly for him.

Loan him to to a Leeds rival club..Leeds always go to pieces after Christmas!

Or loan him to Hull part of the Jarrod Bowen deal?

He is a useful sub in late in the game.. we lack impact subs who can run at the defenders at pace when they are tired (by then our wingers are tired too).

Quite unlike Mourinho to throw a youngster into the deep end of the pool, i will be surprised if he even makes an appearance this season in any competition. If it was Poch he would've surely seen some time on the pitch if he made an impact in training

He is a useful sub in late in the game.. we lack impact subs who can run at the defenders at pace when they are tired (by then our wingers are tired too).

Quite unlike Mourinho to throw a youngster into the deep end of the pool, i will be surprised if he even makes an appearance this season in any competition. If it was Poch he would've surely seen some time on the pitch if he made an impact in training

If it was Poch, he'd bring him on in the 88th minute in a few matches, and then claim he wasn't performing well enough, and he'd spend the next season plus in the wings until Poch was forced to play him, at which point he'd prove to be world class.

Seems like he has alot of interest from Championship clubs.

Crazy that we are willing to let a £10,000,000 signing leave on loan because he's not going to get games this season but keep the likes of Skipp and Tanganga away from playing football because they are from the academy.

Crazy that we are willing to let a £10,000,000 signing leave on loan because he's not going to get games this season but keep the likes of Skipp and Tanganga away from playing football because they are from the academy.

Let all the youngsters go out on loan. Doesn't seem like Mourinho is gonna look further than the 14-15 players he's currently using.

It's all very odd, as you say we sign a promising young player for £10,000,000, then loan him back to the selling club who then don't play him. We have other promising young players knocking on the door who are deemed to not be ready, but we don't loan them out either. In the meantime our already thinnish squad is shrinking with every match and yet we don't seem to be keen to sign anyone.

Doesn't seem like joined-up thinking to me

It's all very odd, as you say we sign a promising young player for £10,000,000, then loan him back to the selling club who then don't play him. We have other promising young players knocking on the door who are deemed to not be ready, but we don't loan them out either. In the meantime our already thinnish squad is shrinking with every match and yet we don't seem to be keen to sign anyone.

Doesn't seem like joined-up thinking to me

bang on. Joined up thinking is clearly an issue in regards to playing staff.

despite all that bullshit about academies and bringing through talent, this is where we are at.

I’ve not seen Jack Clark play, but the fee seems a lot of money on a youth prospect that is being loaned to the a championship. What is worrying is that it’s not Norwich etc who want him it’s Millwall. That says a lot.

also, considerJoão Moutinho was 5 million. Jack Clark is twice that fee and probably not half as good. Tottenham have problems.....

bang on. Joined up thinking is clearly an issue in regards to playing staff.

despite all that bullshit about academies and bringing through talent, this is where we are at.

I’ve not seen Jack Clark play, but the fee seems a lot of money on a youth prospect that is being loaned to the a championship. What is worrying is that it’s not Norwich etc who want him it’s Millwall. That says a lot.

also, considerJoão Moutinho was 5 million. Jack Clark is twice that fee and probably not half as good. Tottenham have problems.....
There definitely seems to be a disjointed structure between our youth setup and first team. And it isn't something new that has happened with Mourinho's entrance. Poch was just as bad at properly utilizing our academy.

As for the Moutinho deal. That was just outright shady since his agent has a consultant role within the club board at Wolves. A lot of the Portugese talent at Wolves are Mendes clients and went for peanuts compared to what they would have cost for any other club.

There definitely seems to be a disjointed structure between our youth setup and first team. And it isn't something new that has happened with Mourinho's entrance. Poch was just as bad at properly utilizing our academy.

As for the Moutinho deal. That was just outright shady since his agent has a consultant role within the club board at Wolves. A lot of the Portugese talent at Wolves are Mendes clients and went for peanuts compared to what they would have cost for any other club.

I’ve never been too sure what Wolves are up to, but that huge level of Fosun money seems to be doing absolute wonders for them, mini Man City perhaps.

Edit: one google later...

oh Jose is a Mendes client......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom