Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're not allowed to register a player until January. He's currently registered to Leeds.
He's already played in the Carabou Cup for Leeds anyway.

Just checked the rules and players are not allowed to play for more then one club in one season.
Can't see him playing in later stages of ECL so if he comes in January maybe he could play in FA Cup games?

I'd be instructing the kid/ Leeds to give him some lessons in how to defend. His ability to take players on out wide would be a massive asset if he's able to learn his stuff as a RB.

If he ain't going to play first team football, at least get him using this time until January learning the ropes in a position where he genuinely has a chance of becoming a starting player week in, week out in time.

Just checked the rules and players are not allowed to play for more then one club in one season.
Can't see him playing in later stages of ECL so if he comes in January maybe he could play in FA Cup games?
Well yeah, that's why I said he'd already played for them. Didn't think I needed to explain the concept of being cup tied to football fans.

You're right though, if he's not played in the FA Cup already (which he won't have done), then he could play for us in January.

Whilst on loan back at MK Dons Dele trained for one or two days back at Spurs.

I wonder if the Clarke loan deal had that clause.

The advantage being multifold :
- Coaching staff can help target his development
- Clarke gets to know Spurs coaches, and importantly, how other Spur players play (which will help his integration into Spurs squad either in January or next preseason)
- Spurs can assess whether he is good enough to make a few appearances in games at Spurs in the 2nd half of the season or if another loan (whether at Leeds or somewhere else) is the better option for Clarke's development

I've not seen a reference to this, but if he's only rarely making appearances for Leeds in a month's time surely Leeds wouldn't have any real objection to this ?

Great idea, but I doubt Leeds agreed to a recall option.
Do they have much of a choice. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the parent club always have the option of recalling a player in January if they feel that they have to?

We've done it before with both Onomah and CCV when they did not get games at their loan clubs fairly recently.

Do they have much of a choice. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the parent club always have the option of recalling a player in January if they feel that they have to?

We've done it before with both Onomah and CCV when they did not get games at their loan clubs fairly recently.
Depends on what was built in to the agreement when the loan transfer happened. I was referring to doing it now, which I got the impression some people were demanding. Almost certain we wouldn't be able to do that.

Depends on what was built in to the agreement when the loan transfer happened. I was referring to doing it now, which I got the impression some people were demanding. Almost certain we wouldn't be able to do that.
I think that would require an injury, not uncommon that loanees go back to the parent club if injured for rehab.

But if we want to recall him full stop it would have to happen in January when the window opens.

I think that would require an injury, not uncommon that loanees go back to the parent club if injured for rehab.

But if we want to recall him full stop it would have to happen in January when the window opens.
Yeah, returning to the parent club for treatment doesn't mean the loan is terminated. He'll be looked after, then if fit to play before the loan period he'll go back and continue to be available to play

I believe you can do a season long loan - these may have right for the parent club to recall in January but not necessarily , sometimes you need both.

If Leeds and us want to he can come back now but not register for first team (if we want to have him training).

Unless it was a demand by Leeds when selling him to us I would expect we have a recall option in January.

In hindsight we should of kept him here as we would played the same amount of games but would be training with better players with better facilities

They should keep a tighter check on their finances or they might end up doing a Leeds!:levylol:
Love that idea..

Leeds - "Ok Jack, we'll give you £100k per week how's that"
JC - "Err...but I'm not actually your player and Spurs are paying me"
Leeds - "Oh fuck it then £250k per week and a new Dacia Sandero every day"

Back
Top Bottom