Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why does every article have to have a source? Back at the start of the summer there were no "sources" explicitly cited saying we wanted to sign Clarke but the story was everywhere. People at the club, including Levy himself, talk to journalists and keep them informed of what we are doing. Briefings like that are the bread and butter of the football world.

If Poch wanted Clarke in the squad, he would be in the squad. He chose to send him away. Reputable outlets like the Guardian and journalists like Daniel Hytner don't just make stuff up.

Without a source, quote of point of reference then an article can only be deemed to be speculative (at best) if one is to consider it's credibility... The media is full of speculation every single day (yes, even The Guardian); which is fine if one absorbs it for what it is, but I don't think that should be deemed a credible basis for criticism of the way the club is run (which is what was at play earlier in this thread - i.e "Levy's buying players without Poch's say so..." and "Levy's buying players for profit").

In the specific case of the above article, there is not even comments such as "a source at the club said" or "insiders have revealed" (which is fairly typical)...

If you're a journalist with credible info, wouldn't you at least seek to establish your credibility; even if you can't outright name your source?

Last edited:
Reputable outlets like the Guardian and journalists like Daniel Hytner don't just make stuff up.

giphy.gif

Of course Hytner makes stuff up. Regularly. He then rewrites the exact same bullshit article five times which then get published under a different headline. See his increasingly desperate "Pochettino to United" pieces.

ss.png

:pochunimpressed:

Fifth time in a row that he doesn't even make the bench for a Championship match.

It's weird and you wonder if he is better served coming to us now.

Guess it must be very hard and in many respects a loan to a different Championship team may have been preferable. The beauty of hinsight of course.

He will get his chances so head down.

If he's not even going to get on the bench at Leeds perhaps we should recall him and find another club for him to loan to. He's a talented lad so I'm sure there would be other clubs interested in him.

If he's not even going to get on the bench at Leeds perhaps we should recall him and find another club for him to loan to. He's a talented lad so I'm sure there would be other clubs interested in him.
Agreed, but even if nothing else we could directly see his progress, get him used to the club and on our training system.

This one is actually true though, other journalists have said it and I got told by someone that knows a few people that at the last minute Poch decided he didn't want Clarke this season.

That just implies he preferd he go on loan; not that he had no interest in signing him.

Last edited:
The signing and loan back to Leeds were announced at the same time, so if Poch didn't want him at all then they'd surely have just not bothered to make the signing. The loan was part of the initial agreement with Leeds so must have been planned.

What we appear to have failed to recognise is that loaning him back wouldn't necessarily help his development, as he wasn't a regular for them last season anyway. It's not like Dele who was playing every game for MK already

Back
Top Bottom