Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am pretty sure that Pochettino trust his mentor to continue to guide Clarke and nurture him.

Based on Pochettino style and method with youth, he would rather have Clarke with him than to see him away on loan with limited playing opportunity.

In theory, of course.

...But the above story is the harsh reality.

Europa league was perfect for these purposes (Kane!) and did us a world of good on our way 'up'. As did a thinner squad with less depth (see Dele, Winks)....

Given another year or two we may not have some of those I listed and a more mature Clarke may get his break. Just how the market is tbh... As soon as a midtable teams get's their hands on these kids (See Brooks, Maddison etc.) they become too expensive.

In the meantime, we just have to succumb to the idea that JC was an investment for the future and this is how it is if top end teams want to get young players like Clarke & Sess in... I think Sess is better off at Fulham again this year too tbh for what it's worth (Rose staying was no good for him).
Actually I'd like to see Sess playing is natural position, that's where his goals come from and I think it's perfectly feasible that he will get enough game time .

Ha.

Guess my point was, there were several occasions in the vid where I was thinking “go left” or “pass it” when it’d have required him to use his left and he didn’t. Worry is against PL defenders he gets caught by that. Surprised me that he wouldn’t have had the confidence to try against that level in a pre-season.

Nothing worse than having one footed players

:lamelashock:

Actually I'd like to see Sess playing is natural position, that's where is goals come from and I think it's perfectly feasible that he will get enough game time .

You mean LW?

Same list of players applies.

...Or LB?

Ben will be back soon = Same again.

Ask KWP what's like to be a 3rd choice FB in this squad.

Only caveat I'd add for Sess is that his versatility may indirectly be what led to JC being loaned back out (and him staying)..... I.e. just a modicum more worthwile having him on the bench.

Last edited:
Too early in to the loan to throw it out the window. If he is still barely getting minutes in late November we should most likely look at recalling him in January and setting him up with a new one.

EDIT: If such a scenario happens QPR would probably be ideal. Playing good football under Warburton, Amos is there already and London based so we can easily keep track of him and even have him train with Spurs if need be.

You mean LW?

Same thing list of players applies.

...Or LB?

Ben will be back soon = Same again.

Ask KWP what's like to be a 3rd choice FB in this squad.

Only caveat I'd add for Sess is that his versatility may indirectly be what led to JC being loaned back out (and him staying)..... I.e. just a modicum more worthwile having him on the bench.
Yeah left wing. I think he's a different option to those you listed, offer a bit more width. I can see that being useful in certain games.

EDIT: If such a scenario happens QPR would probably be ideal. Playing good football under Warburton, Amos is there already and London based so we can easily keep track of him and even have him train with Spurs if need be.

Didn't think we could loan 2 players to the same team.....?

No? Then how could they integrate in their own team?

They don't train with Spurs and just play the games with their loan teams. They're full squad members for the team they're loaned out to.
We had a special deal with MK Dons where Dele did 1-2 sessions a week with us to get used to Spurs. But he did the majority of his training with MK. But that was of course a special case.

He'd have actually come on today instead of GKN. Ridiculous situation. Very unfair of Leeds to insist on a loan back just to pad out their squad.

No? Then how could they integrate in their own team?

They don't train with Spurs and just play the games with their loan teams. They're full squad members for the team they're loaned out to.
Ah, ok. I just thought that I read somewhere that Dele came back from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom