ITK Article

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My only criticism would be that you're constantly slagging them all off for getting Pienaar wrong when it's roundly accepted now that that move didn't happen until pretty much the last hour of the window.

E.G. Redknapp in that postgame (or pre, don't remember) interview discussing the moves (Saha, Nelsen, Corluka) that weren't even to my knowledge officially announced yet, in the last couple of hours of the window; he talked about how Pienaar's had fallen through and he was trying to avoid Pienaar who was probably upset and looking for him.

Nice one Mike! Great Round-up as usual.

Only thing I would maybe highlight with more significance is the timing of JJetSet's tweet about Nelsen.

He was hours before any other 'source' picked it up. I went back and checked and no other journalist or anybody on twitter had mentioned Nelsen's name and everyone thought it was a wind-up a lot of - "if you get this wrong your clearly bollocks and not ITK" posts followed.

Also there was some confusion over whether the deals were loans, permanent or released from contract - as JJetset himself doesn't appear to be source (ie. he is not involved in the in and outs of deals), I wouldn't hold this against him.

To get all the players to the right clubs (except Pienaar) was pretty impressive. As for Pienaar, I think I remember someone tweeting, something like "he is on the bench and is confused. He isn't sure if the deal is on or off" (may have been Crackers?). Redknapp also said that Pienaar's move to QPR had fallen through. SO it would appear the Pienaar transfer was close to not happening, in fact it only just when through in time apparently. I think it was announced a good while after the window had shut. So whilst it is a blot of JJetSet's post (as are the fact he said 'loan') it seems that he does have some inside info.

VS, I take your point, but I have a gripe with the way they post things as if they are done (or aren't done) when they aren't (or are!). So it may come across as pedantic to pick them up on the Pienaar move, but that's not the intention.

Sibs, cheers. That's one of the problems with doing this, as you don't get the info real-time. So, if one of them gets something right a couple of hours before it happens, I can only see the date when I go back through it all after the window shuts, I can miss things like the Nelsen transfer.

To be honest, none of the other fuckers on our site posted any of the 'ITK' in our thread, so muggins here was doing it all and it's hard to keep on top of it for two months, as you well know from compiling your superb thread.

I did my best!

Nah, your summaries are 'triffic! Sterling work!

I'm not looking forward to the summer and trying to do the thread again. I may make it read-only just to keep it organised and another thread for commentary. It is difficult to keep on top of - especially as I was trying to put twitter and newspapers, websites etc in. I gave up on Twitter in the end as there is so much bollocks when you start to look. It was interesting checking L'Equipe and some of the Brazilian newspapers. I may do a daily ITK update and a daily newspaper update.. haven't got the time to keep longing on every 15mins for 3 months!

May get Case to play with the code a little so that the more respected ITK's names are in a different colour, maybe green or something so that it is obvious who to pay attention to. Nightmare.

Cheers Spook.

Sibs, yeah we had a read-only thread for the info and a separate one for the chatter, then individual threads for anyone who posted loads. Pain in the arse though.

Back
Top Bottom