It’s time to get behind Pochettino and Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh. Sentiments I can get with but.............

I'm fully behind Poch and love what is going on with Spurs, my posts on here bare testimony to that. I currently stand by our approach towards focussing on the League and CL, that doesn't mean bin off the cups too but without any shadow of a doubt if you are building a club to win the league then you are also building a team able to win a cup. The most successful Cup winning teams in the past 30yrs are also those challenging for titles.

I am also behind our transfer policy (or lack of it), I mean why wouldn't I be, it's taken us to where we are. I would probably be at the front of the queue dishing out the abuse if it had meant for us to not progress or even regress.

I am acutely aware of the progression under ENIC since it took over, it's upward although it has taken a very long time. We are a Club by far and away better on and off the pitch than before they took over. However and I think this is important, IT'S THEIR JOB!!! I can get excited by our football, I can get excited by the manager that has brought us this football but really I fail to see any reason to extend this "excitement", "love" or praise to ENIC.

They will get me to raise a glass towards them when we move into the stadium, but I'm yet to step foot inside it. So let's go one step at a time when it concerns them.

I have a rule in life at that's NEVER worship the regime, be that a political party or a Football owner, for as soon as you do you'll be taken advantage of. I'm a million miles away from #enicout bollocks but the only time I will praise an owner or politician is when they have retired or moved on.

I honestly don't get why it comes down to "in" or "out" anyway, just that alone is so divisive and threatens our Clubs progression. It seems the better we become the greater the divide, which simply doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, keep the owners honest, keep them improving the club but no need to waive a scarf with ENIC on it that fucking daft, just as it's fucking daft for those to waive a placard with ENIC out on it whilst we continue to progress into footballs upper bracket for the first time in a couple of generations.

I think all of us are behind the two men.

It's perceptions of stagnation that are a concern.

In of the moment we all push in the same direction.

I think and with justification fans equate progress with buying quality players when opportunities arise.

It seems we are hoping for deals which seem unlikely to be available or for players who believe in a project that has not really been made clear.

I think all of us are behind the two men.

It's perceptions of stagnation that are a concern.

In of the moment we all push in the same direction.

I think and with justification fans equate progress with buying quality players when opportunities arise.

It seems we are hoping for deals which seem unlikely to be available or for players who believe in a project that has not really been made clear.

I don't think we've stagnated. I honestly think that until we are back in N17 and the buzz of being Spurs is back in the teams way of playing, the crowds blood etc it'll be too hard to tell what's going on.

Players like Davinson & Foyth still don't know what it feels like to kick a ball in passion for the club in N17. I also think we have a lot of players evolving and yet to hit their peak.

Dele has changed as a player, as has Kane & teams target us to stifle us these days in ways they didn't before. We've lost a few more games than usual agreed but I honestly think if we were not dealing with the flatness the whole Wembley situation has done to us this year the 4 home games against Liverpool, City, Wolves & United could have had a completely different look to them.

Got to replace Dembele, got to have a few incomings and outgoings during the real window which is the summertime and got to back Poch, Levy & the boys to give them every chance of creating history. Got to focus on the positives that see us 9 points better off than last season and I think (don't hold me to it) a season that sees us with our 2nd best points tally to this date than ever in our history.

Let's start acting and thinking we are in the hunt, 7 points off a team that's never won it it's all to play for

Last edited:
Fucking patronising bollocks. Supporters are clearly behind both. That doesn’t mean questions and challenges can’t be raised or that either are free from criticism - just like any other person in their work life.

Fucking patronising bollocks. Supporters are clearly behind both. That doesn’t mean questions and challenges can’t be raised or that either are free from criticism - just like any other person in their work life.

Are some people not behind them already? I find that baffling really.

I don't doubt the amount that DO support them, but do we really doubt there's a noticable amount that don't?

Thought it was a decent listen tbh... Intriguing to hear the outside perspectives without the rampant spin and tabloidism.

Last edited:
I don't doubt the amount that DO support them, but do we really doubt there's a noticable amount that don't?
By supporters I mean the core support who follow the club and risk their finances, family and sanity backing the team - and no doubt have done for years / decades. That includes most people who post here. Despite many individual and varied frustrations, most proper fans overwhelmingly back the club IMHO and the project that we’re on.

I’m sure there are consumers on Twitter etc who claim to be Tottenham fans but slag off the progress and direction of the club. I don’t really know or care: most people who post a lot openly on social media are narcissistic self inflated twats.

This does not mean that asking questions or criticising things you don’t agree with is not allowed. In any walk of life, criticism and challenge is a useful part of progress. But I do think our core support back Poch and the Board.

By supporters I mean the core support who follow the club and risk their finances, family and sanity backing the team - and no doubt have done for years / decades. That includes most people who post here. Despite many individual and varied frustrations, most proper fans overwhelmingly back the club IMHO and the project that we’re on.

I’m sure there are consumers on Twitter etc who claim to be Tottenham fans but slag off the progress and direction of the club. I don’t really know or care: most people who post a lot openly on social media are narcissistic self inflated twats.

This does not mean that asking questions or criticising things you don’t agree with is not allowed. In any walk of life, criticism and challenge is a useful part of progress. But I do think our core support back Poch and the Board.

Touche.... In which case i suspect you are largely spot on.

Back
Top Bottom