Isco - the player we need

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's only 24 years old. Real is a notoriously difficult place to get established - and he has to contend with Ronaldo there too.

I don't know if this youtube video of highlights gets linked here (I pasted it in) and I realise these kinds of videos are not a good basis to judge a player - but they can show what he is capable of.

Some of ( but not all) the times I have seen him play for Real he backs up the crazy skills with a presence and impressive control of midfield and put in man of the match performances, even though he is not a regular starter. He not only has ridiculous close control, but sets up goals with crosses and through balls - and scores himself too.

In my opinion he is one of the most undervalued players out there, and if we could get him in our team we would carve open anybody parking the bus and be on an equal footing with any side out there.

He's only 24 years old. Real is a notoriously difficult place to get established - and he has to contend with Ronaldo there too.

I don't know if this youtube video of highlights gets linked here (I pasted it in) and I realise these kinds of videos are not a good basis to judge a player - but they can show what he is capable of.

Some of ( but not all) the times I have seen him play for Real he backs up the crazy skills with a presence and impressive control of midfield and put in man of the match performances, even though he is not a regular starter. He not only has ridiculous close control, but sets up goals with crosses and through balls - and scores himself too.

In my opinion he is one of the most undervalued players out there, and if we could get him in our team we would carve open anybody parking the bus and be on an equal footing with any side out there.

I been following La Liga for last 6 years, have watched him for Malaga and Madrid live & followed his career from Valencia and even said back in 2012 on twitter when Malaga had to sell him due to financial problems that he is a player that Spurs should buy, and have been saying it every season since then!
Magical talent, sublime skills, control, movement and passing and just the player Spurs need...

If we're talking unrealistic transfers - might as well throw Bernardo Silva in here. He's been immense this season and is younger with potentially higher ceiling.

What planet is this? Miss a word and that means the person is a cunt? Have a different opinion and that means they are a cunt?

We support the same team - want the same thing - just have different opinions about different players.

Eriksen is a good player - fine - so I can't disagree? I just have a different opinion - that he's too inconsistent.

I am sorry - I thought this was a place to talk about THE spurs. How can you construct that sentence without THE ? wtf?

what the fuck are you people going to do when we move to the new stadium - chase the new people out with pitchforks?

I have been universally called a cunt because I don't think Eriksen and Dembele are all that great. wtf. I haven't said anything negative about Poch, about any other player ..
Well Eriksen sure is inconsistent making assists;)....

If true, it's promising that he's happy with Pochettinos vision and potential role.

I mean if we're going to stick with 3 at the back, it means Eriksen, Alli and Isco are going to be competing for two spots behind Kane which means Isco is guaranteed as much first team football here as he is at Real Madrid. Unless we're thinking of playing one of them in a deeper role.
We could still play 3 at the back and start Eriksen, Isco and Alli tbh. We wouldn't be able to do it if we stuck to this exact 3-4-2-1 we're playing now but a variation of it could probably happen with Isco coming in for Dembele in the starting X1.

-----------------------Lloris--------------------------
------Dier-----Alderweireld---Vertonghen-----
Walker-----------Wanyama---------------Rose
----------------------Eriksen----------------------
---------------Alli-------------Isco----------------
-----------------------Kane------------------------

Why do we keep coming back to this? He won't be coming to Spurs. We won't pay his wages & our special relationship with Real only ever worked one way while it was alive- can't see that improving now it's dead and buried unless Alli or Kane were part of a deal - no thanks. He won't be coming here for €12 million. It's nice to dream but I'd be shocked if we got within pissing distance of his signature to join Spurs.

our special relationship with Real
200.gif

giphy.gif

Isn't Marca the Spanish Sun? Yeah, it is except when you use it as a source you twat.
I have never been annoyed by Totti. Not once.
Just thinking.....If you could draw up a diagram (like a TV detective's crazy wall) with every poster's avatar on it.
And then have red lines linking all the posters who hate each other and blue lines linking all the posters who get along. Well, you would need a big wall and a lot of red ink.

Why do we keep coming back to this? He won't be coming to Spurs. We won't pay his wages & our special relationship with Real only ever worked one way while it was alive- can't see that improving now it's dead and buried unless Alli or Kane were part of a deal - no thanks. He won't be coming here for €12 million. It's nice to dream but I'd be shocked if we got within pissing distance of his signature to join Spurs.

Refer to Van der Vaart

I have never been annoyed by Totti. Not once.
Just thinking.....If you could draw up a diagram (like a TV detective's crazy wall) with every poster's avatar on it.
And then have red lines linking all the posters who hate each other and blue lines linking all the posters who get along. Well, you would need a big wall and a lot of red ink.
I get along fine with most posters on here. You and Totti annoy me at times. Do you think you get along with most people here? From what I've seen most folk laugh at you, at least Tots keeps his stuff football related. You, on the other hand "bestride this forum like a colossus" - wasn't that how you described yourself? Your major contributions to the forum seem to be trying to educate Americans on their own political system - a task in which you have failed spectacularly.

Now I bid you good day Ahab, I'm off to see my Mother.

Back
Top Bottom