Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
On the form of the last 5 games Leicester, Racists and Us have played in the league...

final standings
3rd LCFC 64pts
4th THFC 64pts
5th CFC. 55pts

It may not feel like it but the result momentum is with us. We’ve averaged 2 pts per game and the other 2 have averaged 1.2 pts per game over the last 5. We are the form team. And there’s a lot of points still to play for.

they’re doing maths

tenor.gif

On the form of the last 5 games Leicester, Racists and Us have played in the league...

final standings
3rd LCFC 64pts
4th THFC 64pts
5th CFC. 55pts

It may not feel like it but the result momentum is with us. We’ve averaged 2 pts per game and the other 2 have averaged 1.2 pts per game over the last 5. We are the form team. And there’s a lot of points still to play for.

Chelsea have got 15 points from last 14 games.

The most worrying thing is 3 of those points came against us at home. They are lacking the nous on and off the pitch for this run in.
We need to repay the favour.

Why delay it for a season - for example where a club enters administration (a more common situation) a 10 point deductions happens directly administration happens even if its mid season.

Because you can't appeal administration, it's a more definitive factual situation, I guess?

What if the Prem docked them 20 points, they finish 5th, then win their appeal... (obviously they won't, but just throwing out the premise).

I think I'd set the squad up like this for the rest of the season:

GK: Lloris, Gazzaniga, Vorm
DF: Aurier, Foyth, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Tanganga, Davies
CM: Dier, Skipp, Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko, Gedson
WF/AM: Lo Celso, Lamela, Dele, Bergwijn, Sessegnon
FWD: Lucas, Parrott

No utilising with multi positions, make players commit to 16-20 games knowing they are playing WF or FB so we can get them drilled in those areas. Lo Celso for example plays AM/ wide right for Argentina, get him committed to a position so he can help us find good rhythm, the same with Sessegnon with Tanganga covering LB instead of Ryan etc. Get a unit going and let the lads understand their positions day in, day out.

I don't think Chelsea are particularly good or consistent enough for me to he able to say we cant make up 4 points from the possible 33 available.

However, they have some really generous fixtures coming up whilst we have some tough ones.

The City information needs clearing up really as if finishing 5th gets CL next season, we should scrape it.

Back
Top Bottom