Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Curiously - is it the worst thing in the world if we miss European competition altogether?

Look at the Chavs a few years ago - 10th in 15/16, then won the next year as they were able to focus on the League.

Ignoring the fact that Jose was sacked the season they came 10th... :mourcheeks:
We need a year out of Europe in my opinion

Try and focus on regaining some form of consistency to our league form and remember how to win 3 or 4 matches on the spin again

And assuming we make no more additions to the side in January I think that’s what we will get

Can’t see this side finishing higher than 7th , probably 8th

I might've said this before but the football 'style' Mourinho implements is 10 yrs old. Parking the buses no longer works. He's not moved on.

He won two trophies with a crappy Man Utd team (three if you include charity shield - which personally I don't) in that time with our best manager ever His highness Poch we won fack all.

Give him a chance

Try and focus on regaining some form of consistency to our league form and remember how to win 3 or 4 matches on the spin again

And assuming we make no more additions to the side in January I think that’s what we will get

While you might be correct about our finishing position (I still think we'll see top 6), why do you think we NEED a year out of Europe? Apart from offering us the possibility to lean out our squad, due to the fact we don't play as often (and I don't see that happening anyhow), how does it help us to keep out of Europe? We lose a lot of money, and some recruiting power, all to save us from a handful more matches? If it's necessary to play less often so that we can get some sort of extreme consistency among our starting squad of players, wouldn't it be better to make it into Europe, and then just play U23's and bench players in those matches?

It is mathematically possible, but no; it's gone. The ramification is that Levy's position as chairman will become untenable. He allowed this to happen. I don't buy the "project was too successful too quickly" bullshit.

We sent £85m on three players (Ndombele, Sessegnon and Clarke) last summer, and that doesn't even include what we spent on Lo Celso. Why do you think there's no chance we'd spend £130m?

A rumoured value based on influx of new talent in our shirts In the past 6 months:

Ndombele - £62m
Lo Celso - £55m
Sessegnon - £25m
Clarke - £10m
Gedson - £50m

If all go permanent that's a collective value of £202m if the rumoured fees are to be believed. Hardly looks like a lack of investment or commitment to the cause.

Without Europe so many of our squad would not get matches. We would lose the strength of squad that can cope with 2 matches a week. It would encourage Levy if he needed encouragement that we did not need such a large squad. We would drop CL points and could end up in Tier 3 next time we qualify and have a much harder group to get out of. No we are a big club and need European competition and Europa is better than no competition.

Red card for David Luiz and Chavs take the lead from the penalty spot. Thanks Woolwich, the one time I was rooting for you. Not going to be making up any ground midweek.

Without Europe so many of our squad would not get matches. We would lose the strength of squad that can cope with 2 matches a week. It would encourage Levy if he needed encouragement that we did not need such a large squad. We would drop CL points and could end up in Tier 3 next time we qualify and have a much harder group to get out of. No we are a big club and need European competition and Europa is better than no competition.

Half of our squad would get plenty of matches because the other half are always injured.

Chelsea fucked it up big time, conceding possession in 90 minute, when Abraham was down and they could have just kick the ball out of pitch. Also, 2 shots 2 goals. Just win tomorrow and we get +2p from this week, they suck so bad I can't imagine not overtaking them.

So's my Missus.* ... goodnight!

*she's not btw.... and would be mortified if she thought I'd said she was... which she ISN'T, so let's just clarify that shall we...?

It was a cheap joke...
So let's leave it there.
G'night.
Pics please.

[Stock humour]

Back
Top Bottom