Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
45 points left to play for

Chavs on 39 +9
Spurs on 31 +5

Definitely isn't a fat bird singing just yet. Not to say she won't but still.

We’re on 31 points at the moment. There’s 45 up for grabs. The year Leicester won the league, 66 secured 4th place for City and a total in the mid 60’s regularly secured 4th place back in the 1990’s. This looks like a season where a total in or around 65 or 66 could secure 4th.

The home game with City will tell a lot. If we don’t beat Norwich at home, it’s clearly gone. City are next after Norwich. City are going through the motions a bit once a team doesn’t roll over and put it up to them, as evidenced again by Crystal Palace yesterday. The league is gone from them, they’ll comfortably secure Top 4, probably 2nd. Pep and a lot of players probably going end of season and the only real unfinished business is the European Cup and the Real Madrid tie in February.

We’re shit, I accept that but all the other contenders are shit. We’ll probably have to win 11 or 12 of our remaining 15 games to do it. Reality is we’ll probably win 6 or 7 of our remaining 15 and post a points tally in the mid 50’s.

Last edited:
While we may not get top 4, we're not going to end up in the bottom half either, so I see no reason for doom and gloom. We're awful compared to how we were two years ago, but still better than a lot of teams in the league.

We’re on 31 points at the moment. There’s 45 up for grabs. The year Leicester won the league, 66 secured 4th place for City and a total in the mid 60’s regularly secured 4th place back in the 1990’s. This looks like a season where a total in or around 65 or 66 could secure 4th.

The home game with City will tell a lot. If we don’t beat Norwich at home, it’s clearly gone. City are next after Norwich. City are going through the motions a bit once a team doesn’t roll over and out it up to them, as evidenced again by Crystal Palace yesterday. The league is gone from them, they’ll comfortably secure Top 4, probably 2nd. Pep and a lot of players probably going end of season and the only real unfinished business is the European Cup and the Real Madrid tie in February.

We’re shit, I accept that but all the other contenders are shit. We’ll probably have to win 11 or 12 of our remaining 15 games to do it. Reality is we’ll probably win 6 or 7 of our remaining 15 and lost a points tally in the mid 50’s.
Fucking shocking from the points and position we were getting to this mid table rubbish.

While we may not get top 4, we're not going to end up in the bottom half either, so I see no reason for doom and gloom. We're awful compared to how we were two years ago, but still better than a lot of teams in the league.
We are quite shit to be honest mate even struggling to beat many of the so called lesser sides embarrassing

We are quite shit to be honest mate even struggling to beat many of the so called lesser sides embarrassing

We're still slightly better than our recent form would make you think. We badly need a striker (DM too, but I don't think we'll get one this window)... things should get better. To be fair, I don't really care much where we finish this season as long as we don't get European football or don't get relegated. We need to improve tremendously for next season, this should be our focus now. This and the FA Cup.

We're still slightly better than our recent form would make you think. We badly need a striker (DM too, but I don't think we'll get one this window)... things should get better. To be fair, I don't really care much where we finish this season as long as we don't get European football or don't get relegated. We need to improve tremendously for next season, this should be our focus now. This and the FA Cup.
Agree I expect only gedson in no way will levy push the boat out and actually get people in we need, I also expect the club to finish about 8th and be out of the cup soon enough probably an embarrassing defeat to top it all off. :levylol: :mourlmao:

Agree I expect only gedson in no way will levy push the boat out and actually get people in we need, I also expect the club to finish about 8th and be out of the cup soon enough probably an embarrassing defeat to top it all off. :levylol: :mourlmao:

For me, the cup exits always hurt more than anything. It's incredibly hard to win the title, so our best shot is one of the domestic cups. It's not a tragedy if we don't get top 4 this season. Losing to Colchester felt worse than not getting top 4 would.

If we don’t bring in a decent striker during this window, either on loan with an option to buy or just buy them out right then I will concede that Enic are rotten and a cancer on the club
I’m moving towards that view too......not another club in the league wouldn’t buy at least a few short term players to cover the injuries we have, I simply won’t buy into any excuses this window for not doing just that.....tick tock tick tock....

For me, the cup exits always hurt more than anything. It's incredibly hard to win the title, so our best shot is one of the domestic cups. It's not a tragedy if we don't get top 4 this season. Losing to Colchester felt worse than not getting top 4 would.
For me any big club worth it's salt should aim to win the EPL however we don't win trophies like that, I like the way Jose wants to win everything no matter what trophy he takes it seriously and I like that because I want to win everything too it was a pity that poch never treated the other competition's with respect.

I’m moving towards that view too......not another club in the league wouldn’t buy at least a few short term players to cover the injuries we have, I simply won’t buy into any excuses this window for not doing just that.....tick tock tick tock....
Even if we bring on loan with an option to buy in the summer, I think loan to buy is the way forward as if they flop we aren’t stuck with trying to shift players on to get them off the books and if they turn out a success we end up buying a decent player

For me any big club worth it's salt should aim to win the EPL

That would be the greatest thing to ever happen to me as a Spurs fan. No cup (not even CL) would top that. Considering we haven't won it since '61, I'm not too optimistic about it. I still think our best chance was in the season when Leicester won it. Hopefully, we can win it sooner rather than later, but that's more like wishful thinking.

For me any big club worth it's salt should aim to win the EPL however we don't win trophies like that, I like the way Jose wants to win everything no matter what trophy he takes it seriously and I like that because I want to win everything too it was a pity that poch never treated the other competition's with respect.
Winners mentality, hopefully this is feeding down to the players, and those that it doesn’t get rid , we need Jose to be ruthless, as much as I loved poch his biggest flaw was picking players on past performances

That would be the greatest thing to ever happen to me as a Spurs fan. No cup (not even CL) would top that. Considering we haven't won it since '61, I'm not too optimistic about it. I still think our best chance was in the season when Leicester won it. Hopefully, we can win it sooner rather than later, but that's more like wishful thinking.
That year the club never had the belief and still we don't have a winning mentality probably because will.

Even if we bring on loan with an option to buy in the summer, I think loan to buy is the way forward as if they flop we aren’t stuck with trying to shift players on to get them off the books and if they turn out a success we end up buying a decent player
Possibly, if the right guy is available.
Taking Kane for example, we have been without him for a substantial period during the past 2 seasons, now it’s 3 including this one, there have been restrictions in place during the previous 2 that I can understand as to why we haven’t went after another high end striker, but this season will now be a right off over the coming months for many reasons but mainly because we don’t have a striker from now until the end.
I for one don’t fancy playing the remainder of the CL without an out and out striker and at some point we will meet a big gun in the FA cup, Liverpool will be trying for the treble, and City will be trying for the treble Cups as just two examples, Fat Frank would become a legend this season with a top 4 finish and FA cup , as would Ole....those are just 4 clubs we need to avoid of the top of my head🤔.....

Failure to give us “a fighting chance” would be criminal in my book, and I would feel the club don’t really care what I think if we trudged along the remainder of this season “hoping for the best”.....
This will be the point I turn on Levy, no ifs and no buts, 🖕🏻you Levy will be the cry🤗

Possibly, if the right guy is available.
Taking Kane for example, we have been without him for a substantial period during the past 2 seasons, now it’s 3 including this one, there have been restrictions in place during the previous 2 that I can understand as to why we haven’t went after another high end striker, but this season will now be a right off over the coming months for many reasons but mainly because we don’t have a striker from now until the end.
I for one don’t fancy playing the remainder of the CL without an out and out striker and at some point we will meet a big gun in the FA cup, Liverpool will be trying for the treble, and City will be trying for the treble Cups as just two examples, Fat Frank would become a legend this season with a top 4 finish and FA cup , as would Ole....those are just 4 clubs we need to avoid of the top of my head🤔.....

Failure to give us “a fighting chance” would be criminal in my book, and I would feel the club don’t really care what I think if we trudged along the remainder of this season “hoping for the best”.....
This will be the point I turn on Levy, no ifs and no buts, 🖕🏻you Levy will be the cry🤗
If you look back at the past how often have the club left us short on team strength when the season starts, many is the time when he seems happy to lose games whilst dithering around waiting on cheap deals.

If you look back at the past how often have the club left us short on team strength when the season starts, many is the time when he seems happy to lose games whilst dithering around waiting on cheap deals.
Yes and No, there have been genuine reasons up until this summer, well at least the benefit of the doubt can be given....but no more messing around, ambition and desire must be shown now.

Rashford out for 3 months helps but we still obviously need to pick up way more wins than we are doing under mourinho at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom