Is this fixture list our best chance ever of winning Prem?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We play all of last season's top half teams (bar Chelsea) at home in second half of season.
Surely if we're in touch at xmas it's our biggest chance ever?

Last edited:
I disagree on this as so many factors such as form, if you play away after champions league, if you have promoted teams early, relegation threatened teams late, teams with new players before they have settled in etc.....

All makes a difference.

But yes fundamentally every team home and away!
I disagree on this as so many factors such as form, if you play away after champions league, if you have promoted teams early, relegation threatened teams late, teams with new players before they have settled in etc.....

All makes a difference.

Maybe, just maybe... playing bottom half teams at home up to xmas will help to cement new ground 'status' as a fortress and influence results positively against title rivals.

How about a season where something crazy happens, say a side like Leicester end up the only team playing well in the country with the rest of top 6 being gash, that would be a pretty good chance........ oh

:pochfacepalm:

It doesn’t matter what order they are in. Upside down, back to front , written in Hindu. We arnt even going to be challenging for the league, let alone winning it . Saturday proved we still have major problems that still haven’t been addressed.

It’s a race for a cl spot. That’s it

All makes a difference.

Well yeah I agree but when the CL draw hasn't even been done yet and we don't know what the lay of the land will be in the league at the business end it's dumb to say the calendar is advantageous or not.

It doesn’t matter what order they are in. Upside down, back to front , written in Hindu. We arnt even going to be challenging for the league, let alone winning it . Saturday proved we still have major problems that still haven’t been addressed.

What is wrong with you. We won 3-1 and played very well in the second half.

If you take that little joy out of watching us, my polite advice to you would be for you to kindly close your account and never post on here again.

Thanks.

Our best chance of winning the PL was the Leicester season when we were 2-1 up at home against 10 man Woolwich and would have gone first with a win, only to cock it up and draw.

Sort of....

The week before was the last time it was “in our own hands”.
Leicester drew on the Tuesday, we played Spammers Wednesday night 3pts behind..... but lost 0-1.

If we’d have held on vs Arse we’d have been top for a few hours, which could have put pressure on Leicester, who won later that day to finish the week 5pts ahead of us.... then they just kept on bloody winning 1-0!

I still maintain it was Arse who should feel most aggrieved that season.....
When Leicester beat us at the Lane in January, they went 7pts ahead - the gap they had after the Battle of Bridge ended. So we matched them for four months.

But Arse were top throughout January..... so if they’d have matched Leicester, they’d have won it - and they even beat Leicester in February!

Jesus, Justin!

Who shat in your cornflakes this morning?!

Sort of....

The week before was the last time it was “in our own hands”.
Leicester drew on the Tuesday, we played Spammers Wednesday night 3pts behind..... but lost 0-1.

If we’d have held on vs Arse we’d have been top for a few hours, which could have put pressure on Leicester, who won later that day to finish the week 5pts ahead of us.... then they just kept on bloody winning 1-0!

I still maintain it was Arse who should feel most aggrieved that season.....
When Leicester beat us at the Lane in January, they went 7pts ahead - the gap they had after the Battle of Bridge ended. So we matched them for four months.

But Arse were top throughout January..... so if they’d have matched Leicester, they’d have won it - and they even beat Leicester in February!
Not only were Woolwich top at Xmas, they did the double over Leicester too. I think the only team that season. And still didn't finish top. While we're on the subject....

We made things much harder for ourselves by not giving the El Thursday Nightio a miss, a constant bug bear of mine. There was no CL place for it then. We blew 7 pts in the first 3 Sundays of the season after Ropey Thursdays (Swans, Barcodes and a crap Chavs).

This isn't the benefit of hindsight. AVB blew top 4 by sending top teams out to Europe. Bale, Lennon and Moose ALL got injured playing those fucking stupid games. H just used it for kids and those coming back form injury, quite right too.

Leicester took the right decision to sack off all cup games, playing reserve teams and getting knocked out very early. Their first XI played 38 matches the whole season.

Er, back on topic

I think we will have a better chance when Pep goes. If Poch still with us at that point, with a strong XI.

Still think we can win it this season, regardless of the result Sat.

It’s quite annoying how in the last decade the Champions’ tactics were always found out in the next season (Leicester, Chelsea, Pellegrini’s City) and they couldn’t replicate the same form, yet City look fucking unstoppable after smashing the league twice in a row. Has Pep really discovered the magic formula? (along having the best fucking squad in the league and maybe the world atm)

Back
Top Bottom