Is it business as usual!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As with every Spurs supporter, I've been in utopia with our recent transfers and then distracted 'BIG time the with Willian crap. This season, will pan out the same as last year and the year before. City, Utd and the scum battling for top three with the other scum getting fourth, if we allow it. Reading other threads, we need to stop this self district criticism and get confident that we are becoming a force. Time will tell how we are progressing this season but one thing for certain the scum above us will not slack!
I believe in AVB and feel we can achieve so much this year if we allow it to happen. Lets all believe - positive thoughts please!

I think it's down to who the scum sign and whether or not Bale does indeed leave this window. If Bale stays then I think we will have the edge, whoever they sign. If he doesn't then it'll come down to the quality of what they bring in compared to us. As it stands today I think we are in a much better position then we were last year. I much more excited about this season than last.

I think it's down to who the scum sign and whether or not Bale does indeed leave this window. If Bale stays then I think we will have the edge, whoever they sign. If he doesn't then it'll come down to the quality of what they bring in compared to us. As it stands today I think we are in a much better position then we were last year. I much more excited about this season than last.
Just had an argument on twitter ref this. Some people think that if we lose Bale, despite the signings, we are worse than last year

Just had an argument on twitter ref this. Some people think that if we lose Bale, despite the signings, we are worse than last year
Worse? No. About the same, maybe slightly better as things stand today. I think it depends how many more we bring in compared to the scum's business. I very much felt that if we got Willian then we would not feel the Bale departure much at all and would be much stronger all round. But without him we now have a hole to fill. I guess it depends on whether or not we try and plug it over the next few days, which it seems we are trying to do if we've delayed Bale's departure. I don't seem how much top business the scum can really pull off between now the end of the window.

Worse? No. About the same, maybe slightly better as things stand today. I think it depends how many more we bring in compared to the scum's business. I very much felt that if we got Willian then we would not feel the Bale departure much at all and would be much stronger all round. But without him we now have a hole to fill. I guess it depends on whether or not we try and plug it over the next few days, which it seems we are trying to do if we've delayed Bale's departure. I don't seem how much top business the scum can really pull off between now the end of the window.
Bale is going nowhere

We are now a multi-faceted team who going places!!!!:soldadolol:
We are a diamond team but yet polished. We will surprise this season. Last year, I feel we punched above our weight and Bale contributed to that alone but along the journey, the team/AVB grew in stature. Remove Bale and add - Rose looks good, Kaboul is like a new signing (he is a very good player) + new signings and Lloris in goal etc.... and a long short Bale could stay? WOW! I'm excited.

We are a diamond team but yet polished. We will surprise this season. Last year, I feel we punched above our weight and Bale contributed to that alone but along the journey, the team/AVB grew in stature. Remove Bale and add - Rose looks good, Kaboul is like a new signing (he is a very good player) + new signings and Lloris in goal etc.... and a long short Bale could stay? WOW! I'm excited.
Yes complete the next three signings Lamela, Chriches and Hulk excitement is just the beginning!

This season will come down how many games we win versus our closest competitors.

Dare I say it, I think Liverpool are gonna be in the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's possible to have even the slightest idea on how well we will perform this season based solely upon the reputations and cost of the players we've signed. After the Swansea and Woolwich games, we definitely will know. I am cautiously optimistic after what I saw in the Palace and Dinamo games.

At the moment (assuming Bale out) we're roughly the same IMO as we were at the end of last year, but just one signing alone could make us better no question (a quality CAM). A quality playmaker to connect the dots and any other signings would be bonuses.

Back
Top Bottom