Inter Milan H Sun 4 Aug 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's like being at the nightmare pop concert you'd never pay to go to and there's no escape from it, whichever way you turn.
As usual, it's about these nerd DJ's who control sound systems having the mistaken belief that everyone wants to listen to their crap.
How does one complain effectively to the powers that be?

ps - your old man didn't take his socks off and wipe his face with them, did he?
You could drop the Trust a message. Please do if you have time. Surely you're making that sock story up?

You could drop the Trust a message. Please do if you have time. Surely you're making that sock story up?
Yes - I thought about doing that.
And no - the sock story is 100% true. In fact, he kept his socks off, and when he stood up at half time he just slung them over his left shoulder. They were white(ish). Disgusting old man. The reason I asked if it was your dad was that he wore a hearing aid lol.

Yes - I thought about doing that.
And no - the sock story is 100% true. In fact, he kept his socks off, and when he stood up at half time he just slung them over his left shoulder. They were white(ish). Disgusting old man. The reason I asked if it was your dad was that he wore a hearing aid lol.
Did he head for the Cheese Room?

I honestly feel he has nothing more to give and is a poor player. The sooner we can get rid of him the better. I'd rather give some academy kid a chance.
We blatantly can't get rid of him because the teams who are interested aren't rich enough to pay his wages. I'm sure he could get a transfer to a low-ranking Ligue 1 side, or maybe a Championship side here, but instead he will stay at Spurs to pick up a much larger paycheck. I don't blame him for it- he's not Bale- it's just a sad situation for both him and the club as he wastes his best years rarely even making the bench. Probably why we couldn't sell Janssen either, and why he moved to a joke league rather than back to Holland, where he could have played for a decent team and maybe appeared in the CL or EL. Just another absurdity of modern football.

Not the best match - but that's to be expected from a meaningless friendly a week before season kickoff. Personally I used it as an excuse to take my wife (13 years since last WHL visit) and 7yr old daughter (first visit) to a match.

My little girl really enjoyed it despite a (very) quiet atmosphere and the penalty loss. She wants to come again, so job done as far as I'm concerned. Not many opportunities to take small kids (non-members) during the season so gotta take them when they come.

Had to laugh at Lamela, playing this friendly like a man possessed - including his lunging windmill tackles.

The fact i was with 5 people who hadn't been in the new place before,sort of made the game a bit 2nd fiddle to having a look round.They were all suitably impressed.
Bit of a step up from £2.80 a pint in the Coach to £5.50 in the ground though.But hey ho.

Back
Top Bottom